Egg Donation

Forum: Surrogate Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Surrogate Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 2nd, 2009, 12:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yesterday while at a friend and family BBQ I was completly shocked to be asked to donate my eggs to a family friend. I have known her all of my life i refer to her as an aunt even tho she isn't really a blood aunt. Her and her husband have two children and have been trying for 4 years to conceive a third because as she told me she just doesn't feel done. They were going through testing to get IVF done and it was discovered that there is a problem with her eggs and they attack themselves. So in order to proceed she would need an egg donor in their 20's and the dr's would perfer someone who was already done having children. As i am. This was the last thing i ever expected anyone to ask me so i was in shock and said I'd need to think about it. I asked if that meant their child would be my childrens half sibling and she said she never wanted to tell the kids or really anyone else. Only a handful of people know she was going to ask me. I dont know how I feel about my children having a half sibling that they will never know about. I talked with my husband about it and he immediately said to do it. They are great people and great parents and it would be the greatest gift. Medically I have no problems going through the injections and stuff needed. What i am concerned about is how i will feel after the child is born. I do not have to carry the child the embryo would be implanted into her. I have told them i would do it. Because really my eggs are just going to waste. But i am concerned about how I will feel if the pregnancy is successful. I know I dont want anymore children. i have even had my tubes tied. They dont want to use an anonymous donor because it costs $30 thousand dollars and she said it just felt wrong to put someones egg that she didn't know in her. She'd perfer someone she knew and I am really the one that qualifies. I guess Im just wondering if anyone has been through this or know someone who has. And Im also wondering what the egg retrival process is like. Any information or comments would be appreciated.

Read more: (Egg Donation)http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/1619905-egg-donation.html#post16438976#ixzz0K880b6Nw&C

Thank you Jessica for my beautiful Siggy

July 7th, 2009, 01:48 PM
Veteran
I don't know a great deal about the particulars of this but a couple of nosy comments. It seems that you live in Canada-I think I have heard there are rather strict laws there about donation of this kind. Could be mistaken but the requesting person should check that out for you. You are giving just eggs--much like what you lose in a menstrual cycle. I think it is better NOT to know the donor or recipient but many others do not agree. I can not tell you about the process but send her to PVED on yahoo groups so she can be better informed. For you, the doctor should be able to review the protocol.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search