Becoming a surrogate

Forum: Surrogate Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Surrogate Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 26th, 2009, 02:20 PM
Good experiences? Bad experiences? I would LOVE to be one but I don't think I would qualify due to medication I need to be on and the fact that my son came a little bit earlier than expected (he was 37 weeks). With those two fall backs I'm trying to decide whether it would be worth it for me to even consider applying for. I don't want to waste people's time and I don't believe there is a clinic remotely close to me. But in the same light, I'd love to hear your experiences.
October 6th, 2009, 11:24 AM
I'm currently trying to conceive as a surrogate mother and have some experiences to share. Hopefully they will give you some insight. Those two situations you described are kind of fall backs, but it still doesn't hurt to try. Any couple looking for a surrogate mother will be ecstatic to hear from someone who seriously wants to help out. In this day and age, it is hard to find someone who is willing to carry a burden as heavy as this. Any serious inquiry, regardless of any troubles there might be, is always appreciated and shows there are still kind, thoughtful souls on this earth. There are a lot of places you can look for this kind of opportunity. Not only is this website a fantastic place to look, but you can also try some local online classified sites. If you do find someone to be a surrogate for, you don't necessarily need a doctor, clinic, or professional for the conception process. In my surrogacy case, the intended father comes to my home, goes into the bathroom, and makes his deposit into a container. Then, you suck the sperm up in a kid's medicine dropper (looks like a needle syringe minus the needle. Also, the longer, the better), lie down in the proper position, and have someone who is close to you and you trust to make the insemination. Stay laying on your back and keep your butt elevated for a good half hour or longer if you wish. This is my second month trying. Last month, I took an ovulation test every day. When the test showed that it was time, we went through the procedure I described above. We did this two days in a row. It didn't work, but when you are trying to conceive, it usually doesn't work the first time. I am now on month 2 of trying to conceive and we are trying a slightly different method. I am still taking my daily ovulation test, but the intended father is coming over every other night (covering 2 weeks) for the process. I am, also, trying different positions for raising my butt. The best one I have found to date is a position where you lie half way on and half way off the bed. Lay 3 pillows on the ground about where your head will go and 1 or 2 more pillows in front of the other pillows for back support. Push the mattress of the bed slightly off of the box spring (just enough room for your butt) and lay a towel down on the mattress and box spring so you don't leak onto the bed. With help from your trusted assistant, lay down so your butt is on the box spring, your legs are propped up on the mattress, and your head and back are on the pillows. It's not too horribly uncomfortable... just take your time getting up or you will receive a not-so-welcoming head rush. ^.^ Hope this helps!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search