what did/does your dh think of you surrogacy?

Forum: Surrogate Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Surrogate Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 15th, 2010, 09:35 AM
mommy jenn's Avatar Mega Super Mom2Morgan
hi

i have always wanted to be a gestational surrogate (i think thats what its called, someone elses embryo). I saw my stepmother go through life trying and trying to get pregnant. she was very desperate and eventually had a hysterectomy and never had any babies of her own.

I would do anything to give another women the feeling of having their own child to care for and love but my dh is totally and completely against it.

how did your husband feel about you doing this?
how did he feel about it when you decided you wanted to do it?

Last edited by mommy jenn; February 15th, 2010 at 09:42 AM.
February 19th, 2010, 10:30 AM
What reasons did he give as to why he is against it?

My husband is supportive, he is just worried that it will be really hard on me emotionally after the birth and that I might not be able to keep from getting attached.

I just explained that yes, it will be hard (especially with all those stinkin' hormones!) and I will become attached to the baby but that my desire to help complete their family would far outweigh the attachment I'd have to the baby.
February 19th, 2010, 10:44 AM
mommy jenn's Avatar Mega Super Mom2Morgan
he also said that i would become to attached. i also think he doesnt quite like the fact that i will be carrying a baby that doesnt belong to him...

February 24th, 2010, 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy jenn View Post
how did your husband feel about you doing this?
how did he feel about it when you decided you wanted to do it?
My husband at the time, totally supported it. He was there every step of the process. At first he thought the child(ren) would be biologically mine and I explained to him the types of surrogacy. I choose not to go the route where the child(ren) would be biologically mine. When we found out it was twins he was there holding my hair while I was barfing and running to the 24hr walmart at 3am for my munchies LOL
If you have any questions please feel fee to PM me!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search