How much to ask

Forum: Surrogate Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Surrogate Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 29th, 2010, 01:56 AM
hearts.0nfire's Avatar STPR lover
Hi,
I've lurked on here before but my name is Erica, married to James and just had our first child 2 weeks ago. I have always considered doing surrogacy but dh wanted me to wait until we had our first. I've started looking at ads and agencies while i'm waiting, but I was wondering if I don't go through an agency what should I be asking for as compensation? I really don't have that much concern with money but in ads they state mentioning what fees would be and I have no clue what to do.

December 29th, 2010, 02:29 AM
Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to trannytryingttc#2girl Send a message via Skype™ to trannytryingttc#2girl
Quote:
Originally Posted by hearts.0nfire View Post
Hi,
I've lurked on here before but my name is Erica, married to James and just had our first child 2 weeks ago. I have always considered doing surrogacy but dh wanted me to wait until we had our first. I've started looking at ads and agencies while i'm waiting, but I was wondering if I don't go through an agency what should I be asking for as compensation? I really don't have that much concern with money but in ads they state mentioning what fees would be and I have no clue what to do.
Hello there,
I'm glad to hear about your first born Congrats.
Welcome to the surrogacy world.
First off make sure you and your DH are Done having your Own, do to any risks like the meds, there are always the chance you could lose your fertility.
Second research as much as possible hun. There is much to learn. I've been at it for 8 years and still counting, I still dont know all about the things to know. Lol
Good luck hun.

Last edited by trannytryingttc#2girl; December 29th, 2010 at 02:35 AM.
December 29th, 2010, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hearts.0nfire View Post
Hi,
I guess lurking is just doing a little homework so nothing wrong with that. I'm a single parent and considering surrogacy too. Based on what people have been telling me, if you go through an agency, some let you arrive with a set fee in mind. Others will help you set a fee. If you do not use an agency, I have heard of surrogates who had no fee, and others had fees that were in a wide range.
A small number of arrangements might involve a friend or relative, and fees in those cases would be open for discussion. From what I know, there is a base fee. Then the couple you are working with will also pay for most medical related expenses, paternity clothes, any lost wages, etc. Hopefully experienced surrogates can post a list of average fees and a list of associated expenses so you and I can see some numbers.
December 29th, 2010, 09:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Yes, be sure to do your reaserch and wait until you are done having kids. As far as compensation goes, I'm not sure. I was a surrogate for my SIL so it was very low compensation. She gave me a weekly allowance which was ment to cover extra expenses of being pregnant (extra food that I wanted/craved, Tylonol tums, the occasional missed day of work, plus a little extra). Plus she bought me maternity clothes, and paid all the medical bills.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search