hi girls!

Forum: Surrogate Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Surrogate Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 5th, 2011, 07:50 AM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
bravo to all of you, firstly-- it's been my dream to surrogate for somebody since my first pregnancy in 2003. and now i may have the chance to do it for a single friend of mine (not the one in my signature, if anyone was guessing, lol). i am very excited, and everyone whom i've mentioned the possibility to has been supportive, but they all ask the same question, and i bet you can guess what it is... "are you SURE you can give up a baby?" i tell them, "Yes, because I'm not carrying the child for myself; it's THEIR baby, so in my mind, i'm not giving my OWN child up."
Did anyone here ever have second thoughts, or a hard time once the baby was born? I admire all of you for your selfless good deeds-- what better gift could a person give?? my step-dad has visions of the future, and said he "saw" me pregnant by the end of the year, so it had better be THIS, because i am done with my own family-- i'm a single sahm to 3, taking care of my elderly grandparents (ages 89 and 95, and together 70 years, awwwww....) so I. Am. Done. But I love pregnancy, have precipitous births, and my friend is open to letting me try a home birth, something I've always gotten cheated out of. Anyway, just had that question, since EVERYone brings it up whenever i mention surrogacy.
If this pans out, I'll be around with more questions, about signing my rights over (it would be my egg-- surrogacy in Michigan is illegal, but we're close buddies and have no problem doing it the old-fashioned way...) and stuff.
in the meantime, everyone take care and best wishes for anyone who is expecting right now, and big thanks for the mamas who have given the gift of parenthood to folks who needed it.
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

Last edited by justjaQ; May 5th, 2011 at 07:52 AM.
May 8th, 2011, 10:37 PM
MommaJones's Avatar Host of Surrogate Mommies
Send a message via Yahoo to MommaJones Send a message via Skype™ to MommaJones
(it would be my egg-- surrogacy in Michigan is illegal, but we're close buddies and have no problem doing it the old-fashioned way...

This scares the crap out of me. I hate to be so straightforward but doing it the old fashioned way is NOT surrogacy. Having a child with someone the "old fashioned way" is straight up getting pregnant and then adopting the child out. Surrogacy does not include having sex to get pregnant EVER. There are two ways to have a traditional surrogacy and that includes IUI (Intrauterine Inseminations) which are done by medical team at a clinic. Or by HI (home insemination) where the Intended Father does his business away from the surrogate and then the "special delivery" is taken to the surrogate to inject. NEVER, and I repeat NEVER is surrogacy done by having sex with someone so they can have a child.

After that---

If you intended to truly be a surrogate, then I am proud of you for wanting to help someone with their dreams of being a parent. I will always be here to help answer questions, lend a shoulder for support or an ear to listen when you need it.

I welcome you to the group! Take a look around, read and read some more! If you have anything you want to ask, don't be afraid. I am NOT here to judge, and I hope my first response didn't come off as that. I just don't want to see something like this happen and because of the intimate relationship between you and the friend, someone, especially the child, could get hurt.

As far as your original question goes....I did a traditional surrogacy journey back in 2007. I had a beautiful little boy named Kyle who now lives at home with his mommy and daddy. While he is biologically my son, I do not feel as though I miss him like a mother would miss their children. He was conceived as their child, not mine. Therefore when he was born, I never had 2nd guesses or feelings as to what was going on around me.

The hardest part was that the journey was over. I don't get much contact from the parents now and it hurts on days like this where I would love to have gotten a phone call, email or something saying thank you or anything. But nothing. And it sucks. But I NEVER regret helping create a life for them and making them parents.
Try 3--May 2011-miscarried at 5 weeks
Transfer 4---PREGNANT!!! BFP @ 5.5dp3dt Beta at 11dp3dt was 164.6

Ultrasound showed TWO BABIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 11th, 2011, 11:28 AM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
if i could make surrogacy legal in michigan, i would. but i can give him his baby. and while that isn't surrogacy, in my mind it is. some laws are ridiculous, and i'm so glad you could do it. but we have it figured out pretty well. lots of love and luck. peace.
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

Last edited by justjaQ; May 11th, 2011 at 11:32 AM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search