Surrogacy- Help!!

Forum: Surrogate Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Surrogate Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 12th, 2011, 04:02 AM
Hello, As a part of Stage 2 Child Studies, I am completing an issues investigation on surrogacy, which is worth 30% of my final grade.

As a part of my study I need to survey a wide range of people not just in my community!

1. What is your understanding of surrogacy?

2. Why do you think people are using surrogacy?

3. What are the advantages of surrogacy?

4. What are the disadvantages of surrogacy?

5. If the surrogate mother decided that she wanted to keep the child, do you believe she should be allowed to? Why or why not?

6.Imagine you are a parent and you have received your child through surrogacy. What lifestyle changes will you now make to care for your baby?

7. Should surrogacy in Australia be made completely legal?
Yes? No? Unsure?
Why or why not?

8. Do you have any further opinions or comments on surrogacy?
July 17th, 2011, 02:57 PM
MommaJones's Avatar Host of Surrogate Mommies
Send a message via Yahoo to MommaJones Send a message via Skype™ to MommaJones
I hope I am not too late to help with this. But here are my answers....

1. What is your understanding of surrogacy?
Surrogacy is an amazing journey that allows people to connect in a special way to create a family for people who are unable to create a family the natural way.

2. Why do you think people are using surrogacy?
Surrogacy is something that has become more common because of the higher number of gay and lesbian couples. It also is a common practice when a straight couple is unable to conceive due to health concerns.

3. What are the advantages of surrogacy?
The major advantages of surrogacy are the obvious one...a child or children to start a family. Using a surrogate in a case where the intended mother is sick, means she gets to have a family and not risk her life or the life of her unborn child doing so. It allows a couple to become a family. It allows two gay men to have kids when otherwise they would be physically unable to in the past.

4. What are the disadvantages of surrogacy?
Surrogacy journeys can come with unhappy endings as well. The surrogate could refuse to give up the child. She could lie about the pregnancy stealing thousands of dollars from the intended parents. The journey could end with both parties unhappy and having feelings of remorse.

5. If the surrogate mother decided that she wanted to keep the child, do you believe she should be allowed to? Why or why not?
In gestational surrogate, I do not believe that the surrogate should EVER be allowed to keep a child. She is not biologically related to the children and if in the case the intended parents are found to be unfit, the children should go to a family member of theirs or the state. The surrogate should only be considered an option if there is no suitable family for the child.
In traditional surrogacy where the surrogate is the biological mother of the child, I believe in certain cases she should be allowed to keep the child. If the parents are found unfit by a court of law, then I believe the child should be kept in the arms of the biological mother. And in cases like that, I believe it should have to be proven through not only the courts, but through doctors (mental) that the parents are unfit to become parents.

6.Imagine you are a parent and you have received your child through surrogacy. What lifestyle changes will you now make to care for your baby?
There are no lifestyle changes in order to care for the child. I am not a partier, or drinker so nothing would change there. No matter how you become a parent, your life changes.

7. Should surrogacy in Australia be made completely legal?
Yes? No? Unsure?
Why or why not?
yes, I believe it should be come legal internationally to carry a child for someone else
Why---because legalizing it allows the courts to setup laws so that if someone is found guilty of lying to get money from parents, then that person can be charged and brought to justice.

8. Do you have any further opinions or comments on surrogacy?
Surrogacy is amazing and I wish more people could see that. The media has torn it down and put it in a spot where people hear surrogate and automatically think of "Baby Mama".
Try 3--May 2011-miscarried at 5 weeks
Transfer 4---PREGNANT!!! BFP @ 5.5dp3dt Beta at 11dp3dt was 164.6

Ultrasound showed TWO BABIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search