Thinking about being a surrogate

Forum: Surrogate Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Surrogate Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 29th, 2006, 06:17 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I've thought about this ALOT, and its something I might want to do in the future. I've mentioned it to DH, and he's not very Comfortable with it. I understand his view point. His main thing is that another man/women sperm/egg would be inside me. Its kinda really wierd to think about. I think my biggest ConCern is that the people wouldn't be good parents. And how do you deal with it emotionally [not getting attaChed?]
September 29th, 2006, 10:34 AM
proudmom3's Avatar Wait for it....
Send a message via Yahoo to proudmom3
if hubby isnt comfy with the process, then end it now. i mean you need all the support you can get. and Hubby would be number 1! you dont want to break apart a marriage for anything. and with research maybe he can grow to understand the process more...meaning with GS type of surrogate, the BABY would be implanted into your uterus, which really means it is no longer sperm and an egg LOL

attchment, i can not tell you how NOT to get attach to the baby.....most women do in a sense.. what i mean by this is, like me, i got attached to the baby, but not like a mother does, i felt more like the babystter. KWIM?

research is the keyword!

Jessica: 18
Jordan: 11
Shaelyn: 7
Drake: 3

MeMe to Caleb: 23mos

TS to Lynsey: 9
September 29th, 2006, 11:54 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I deff. wouldn't do this unless DH and I were on the same page

Whats the differenCe betten like GS and the other abreviations [what do they mean].
September 29th, 2006, 02:58 PM
proudmom3's Avatar Wait for it....
Send a message via Yahoo to proudmom3
GS is Gestational Surrogate, it is done via IVF with an embryo (usually 2 or 3)

TS is Traditional surrogate, it is done with IUI or home insemination or IVF with your egg and donor/the fathers sperm....

Jessica: 18
Jordan: 11
Shaelyn: 7
Drake: 3

MeMe to Caleb: 23mos

TS to Lynsey: 9
October 3rd, 2006, 11:40 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Gotcha
October 7th, 2006, 07:21 AM
*~*Dawn*~*'s Avatar Regular
My hubby wasn't on board at 1st. He thought for sure that I'd be too attached to the baby. But having 5 kids of my own and NOT wanting anymore. I convinced him, that by no means to I want to bring ANY baby home...LOL! He was still on the fence, a little, until he talked w/ a couple facing IF (infertility problems) and has supported me since. He's more interested in what's happening to me now, then when I was pg w/ our own child...LOL! Give your hubby some time. Express your feelings and find out exactly why he's against it. It's a huge decision, unchartered territory for most. So it can be scary until you research and find out more about it. I wish you the best .

Stuffing my IP's stocking on Dec 15th

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search