Medela Swing Pump

Product Reviews

Discuss breastpumps, nursing bras, breast pads and more

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Product Reviews LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 15th, 2008, 09:23 PM
blondie-lox's Avatar Do NOT feed the Troll
I bought the medela swing pump, i saw it at a baby show and got a demonstration so I bought it. Anyone used this pump? reviews?

Huge thanks to *Kiliki* for the FANTABULOUS new siggy!!
July 19th, 2008, 08:29 AM
rachaelh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Can't help you, but I am thinking of getting this one too. I would love to hear some input.

Thank you Kiliki for my siggie
December 25th, 2008, 07:05 PM
isolt's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to isolt
I LOVE my swing pump. I used a pump in the hospital, also a medela but I think this one was the kind you rent and not available for purchase. I asked the LC what I should buy. I def wanted one before going home since I was having so much trouble with latching. She suggested the swing pump. My main concern was noise, since I have heard some that sound like engines running. She gave me a demo and the swing was almost as quiet as the rental pump. Even the noise it makes is not harsh, it is a gentle sort of noise. I don't know how to describe it.

The pump itself is very small and light. It has a carrying case and that fits all the things you would need to take with you. The pump works well for my purposes, I only use it to relieve myself if need be, and to pump a bottle or two if I am needing DH to feed. The shield that goes on your nipple is comfortable. It is a soft rubber rather than a hard plastic which I used in the hospital. This was much more comfortable for me.

So, if you are only pumping part time (since this is a single) then it is a great pump to buy. I would try to buy it from a hospital if you can. I paid 115 for mine, and at Babies R Us it is 149.00. BIG difference.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy!

March 23rd, 2009, 06:10 PM
Zoostergirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
After just one session I'm loving mine. It was a little hard to get the parts together at first, just push hard.

I get good output with this pump and it doesn't feel uncomfortable at all.

I was lucky and got mine brand new from Craigslist for only $90.

Last edited by Zoostergirl; March 23rd, 2009 at 06:13 PM.
July 2nd, 2010, 03:06 PM
Blue_Jar_Mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have a swing and I agree, for the occassional pumper its great. If you pump exclusively, you will need a double obviously, but I pump one a month if that, and it works great. I like the letdown mode, I have a quick let down and have usually already LD long before the longer harder pumping starts. Its easy to clean,quick and stores easily. All my parts still work, nothing is broken or anything.

Girl (12), Boy (9), Boy (4), Boy (2)
Expecting Baby #5 Christmas Eve 2014 TEAM PINK!!

~Audrey Elizabeth~

July 27th, 2010, 01:08 PM
**Jenn**'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have one and love it! I got it to replace my PIS that I used with both boys (the diaphragm cap ripped). I'm a SAHM and only pump occasionally so the single is perfect for me. I get more out with it then I did my PIS too! Parts are easy to wash and assemble, super light, and easy to travel with. I highly recommend.

Ailish Laura born October 20th, 2012.
8lbs 12oz and 20.75 inches

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search