nursing bra recommendations?

Product Reviews

Discuss breastpumps, nursing bras, breast pads and more

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Product Reviews LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 7th, 2006, 02:12 PM
Hotcha's Avatar Regular
Send a message via AIM to Hotcha Send a message via Yahoo to Hotcha
i have 2 bras from motherhood and don't like either. i have a medela night one that i like ok, but it gives me a uni-boob.

any recommendations?

January 7th, 2006, 05:44 PM
Madeline410's Avatar Maddie
Send a message via Yahoo to Madeline410
I have very small breasts and barely fill out a b cup.. so I might not help.. but I have 2 without underwire from Target (not sure of the brand) and I love them! They are comfy enough to sleep in too.

95% of kids aren't in their car seats safely.
Click here to see how your child should look!

A rear-facing child is 75% less likely to die in a crash. Click here to learn more!

Are you installing your car seats correctly?
to watch my installation videos,
click HERE!

January 8th, 2006, 02:24 PM
KaylaMeow's Avatar Canned Spontaneity
Send a message via MSN to KaylaMeow Send a message via Yahoo to KaylaMeow
Breastfeeding/pregnancy threw me from a B cup to a D cup... soo....

I use Bestform... bought them at Wal*Mart. Normally, I think Wal*Mart stuff tends to leave a lot to be desired, but I love these bras! They have them in several sizes, and there's no uniboob!
January 8th, 2006, 02:33 PM
Emaline's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to Emaline Send a message via Yahoo to Emaline
I should probably buy some new ones, but I still wear the ones that I got at Target because they are so comfy.

</div>
January 9th, 2006, 09:01 AM
jellyskelly's Avatar Member
I am a size that can't be found at Target and Walmart, unfortunately.
I have some from Breakout Bras and I got some from JCPenney.

My favorite "everyday" bra is this one: Everyday bra
It is comfortable and easy to wear and comes in many sizes. I actually got it from JCPenney, but they both have this bra- I"m sure other places do too.

It is an everyday bra for the comfort, it isn't the most "uplifting" though, if that is problem for you!
(I only realized this after seeing pics of myself at Christmas wear it! Whoops!)
January 9th, 2006, 09:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I love my nursing sport bras from Target. Brand is Top Secret.
January 11th, 2006, 07:01 AM
akafrogs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have found that I like the sleeping bras. The kind that criss-cross and you just pull them down. I got mine at Motherhood for like $12.99. They aren't the most supporting bras, but they are comfortable. And since I still leak, I have to wear a bra 24/7 so comfort is key. Plus I have found it easier to nurse in public with it since I am not dealling with any type of clasp
January 20th, 2006, 02:30 PM
_Brandy_'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to _Brandy_
I like Bravado or Glamormom

January 25th, 2006, 02:51 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Brie
I just bought a Bravado and I love it!!!! I'll wait until I deliver and my milk comes in before I buy anymore.

Feb. '06 Playroom[/url]
January 25th, 2006, 04:30 PM
chlodoll
i like the bravado aswell
January 26th, 2006, 07:39 PM
michelle105's Avatar Member
I think you girls have Thyme down in the states. I bought two regular cotton maternity bras (not nursing bras) from there and I love them. I just pull the material down, out pops my boob and Ethan is a happy little lark. They don't even stretch when you do this. I find it very easy to NIP when we're out because you don't have to worry about clasps or anything. It's not just for small chests either because I'm a 38D.

</center>
Michelle
February 4th, 2006, 07:13 AM
Frelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to Frelle Send a message via AIM to Frelle Send a message via Yahoo to Frelle
For the larger breasted nursing moms who go above and beyond what you can find in department stores (and in my case, beyond what they carry at motherhood maternity!), here is a great link for you:

http://www.ladygrace.com

They are an actual brick-and-mortar shop in Massachusetts, but I have bought online from them for several years now. They carry a bra called the Goddess 511 that is my favorite nursing bra.... Fancee Free and Leading Lady are the only other companies that make nursing bras in my size. The Goddess 110 is my favorite bra for non nursing.

I range from a 38 or 40H when milk first comes in to a 36G regularly.

Thank you BAM for my signature!!

February 4th, 2006, 07:16 AM
M!che!!e's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: NYC born and raised. Now stationed in Savannah, Ga HAAF!
Send a message via MSN to M!che!!e Send a message via Yahoo to M!che!!e
thanks emo mom! my f bras are too small on me and the nursing tanks i bought at motherhood are useless because im that big! now i kno where to get even bigger bras!

February 15th, 2006, 07:30 PM
Regular
Ok so, where do we find this Bravado bra? I have the sleep bras from Motherhood for night time but, dont dare go out in it! I love my Medela bra for daytime.
February 27th, 2006, 04:26 PM
Jenny Lee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Has anybody tried the Leonisa nursing bras? I found them on eBay, and I'm wondering if they're worth the extra $$. I can find cheaper bras at Target that will work fine, but I'd also like to have 1 or 2 that are cuter!

September 8th, 2006, 07:24 AM
Regular
Why don't you try the all in one shirt and nursing bra fom topmommy. It feels really comfy besides making you look cool. I own a few myself and can never praise them enough to my friends.
November 11th, 2006, 09:52 PM
~Trina~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ~Trina~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~Trina~
Quote:
Has anybody tried the Leonisa nursing bras? I found them on eBay, and I'm wondering if they're worth the extra $$. I can find cheaper bras at Target that will work fine, but I'd also like to have 1 or 2 that are cuter! [/b]
I wondered about these too

"A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water." -- Eleanor Roosevelt
January 3rd, 2007, 02:52 PM
hey there...
i've just joined the boards and was checking out the different topics...i am a bravado lover too and i know that they have online sales and a great fitting guide to have someone take your measurements ...the website is www.bravadodesigns.com and they are the best that i've found. i am large chested and i really was uncomfrotable with most other kinds of nursing bras and tanks. check it out.
madhatter
March 8th, 2007, 10:13 AM
KBeans's Avatar Believe in your body
Send a message via AIM to KBeans
i bought 3 bras from walmart, 2 cotton and one lacey and they completely did the trick, i seriously don't know if i could ever buy an expensive nursing bra, the staining, the stretching out...i would much rather buy cheaper ones and just deal until i can buy new regular bras.
˛ married to matt ˛
mommy to rick 8, christian 6, kairi 3
˛

want P90X, Hip Hop Abs, Turbo Jam, Slim in 6 and tons more? Check out my site!

3.5 years - still BFing

I &hearts; triathlon, running & hot yoga!
January 7th, 2008, 11:37 AM
mommadoolittle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I bought 4 bras from walmart and love them. They are best form comfort strap nursing bras. They have nice thick shoulder straps and I wear them 24/7. I also am a bigger gal and need either a 44 DDD or 42 and they provide tons of support. I actually started wearing them the last month of so of my pregnancy. I am sure you can order them online too so you won't have to search for your size.
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=5026122

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search