My Brest Friend

Product Reviews

Discuss breastpumps, nursing bras, breast pads and more

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Product Reviews LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 24th, 2009, 06:05 PM
isolt's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to isolt
I tried looking for a review here before and didn't find one. Here is mine:

I tried the Boppy first since it was a gift. I thought I liked it but then it became more trouble than not using one. My baby would sink into the space between me and the pillow and push it outward. I also had trouble with his latch and had read that the My Brest Friend helped get them in a good position to latch.

I found mine for 16.00 when Babycenter went out of business. I also picked up the inflatable pillow for traveling for 4.00. Not bad!

My first use. I loved it! It was super comfortable. The lumbar support was great, finally breastfeeding didn't hurt my back. Since it belts around your waist there is no chance of the baby slipping through the cracks. There is a pocket which I used to stuff my burp cloth and tv remote. It did seem to help some with latching, but he was already getting better by the time I received it so I cannot say it was the reason he got it.

A couple weeks after: I have washed the cover once. I insist on never doing it again. The pillow is made of foam and it makes it very hard to put the cover back on. REALLY HARD. The inflatable one is not bad at all since it is slick plastic. In fact, once the inflatable one is inflated I don't see much of a difference between the two. Had I known that I would have only spent 4 dollars. My biggest complaint is the trouble of putting it on and off. The reason it is so comfortable is also its downfall. Having to unbuckle and pull it off of yourself is hard to do without waking the baby. Leaving it on is an option but it is wide and sticks out so when you try to put the baby in the crib it is difficult.

Today: I haven't used it in a while. I find myself using no pillow at all. I would have loved the Brest Friend when I first began but now it is too cumbersome. I do suggest using it for those first weeks when breastfeeding is hard.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy!

May 26th, 2009, 06:48 PM
MamaPickles's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to MamaPickles Send a message via Yahoo to MamaPickles
Thanks for the review...this is one of those things I've always wondered about as well!

C + T since 10.16.2004

September 18th, 2009, 09:22 PM
Veteran
I had both!
My baby is almost 11 weeks. The Boppy is wearing out from use. My Brest Friend was good for use in bed the first 6-8 weeks. It gave nice support when baby was small enough to lie on top of it. I do not use the brest friend anymore.
I think I need another Boppy!

Jace Clayton 6.29.11
Jacoby Joseph 7.6.09

September 20th, 2011, 07:23 PM
thewilsons03's Avatar Veteran
My Brest Friend saved my nursing relationship with my son!! I Love love LOVE mine! My son is 8 weeks old and we still use it everyday. When my son was born, we were most comfortable with the football hold and were propping up on pillows in the hospital. When we got home, we started using boppy but like OP said my son kept getting stuck between the pillow and our recliner. 2 days after our release from the hospital, we went back for a visit with the LCs (baby friendly hospital) to check how bfing was going, etc. They asked me if I wanted to use their Brest friend pillow and showed me how to position it on the side for football hold. Now at home with the boppy, when my husband would lay him down for me, he would fuss and cry when he tried to latch on. With the Brest friend pillow, when he laid down he latched instantly with no fuss! I bought one right away (used for 20 bucks) and breastfeeding for us was suddenly easier - less stressful and waaaaay more comfortable for us both. IMO, washing the slipcover is a must - in fact we have 2 that we alternate, and putting it back on is only mildly frustrating. You get better at it with practice, as is he case with breastfeeding in general. I also got really good at unlatching the belt and getting it off without waking my son. It helps that he doesn't sleep in a crib- we do the montessori floor bed. I would recommend this pillow to any breastfeeding mother- it was the difference between success and failure for us!!
#1...is here!!...It's a boy!! Ridge Garrett 07/27/2011

My Big 2 year old...
January 22nd, 2012, 01:32 PM
speechteach42's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks for the reviews. I am looking at options for breastfeeding pillows and thought the breast friend looked like it would be comfortable. Does anyone know how it is if you're large breasted. I'm a 40 DD or E depending on bra.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search