Which is your favorite?

Product Reviews

Discuss breastpumps, nursing bras, breast pads and more

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

View Poll Results: Nursing Pads
Lansinoh 34 58.62%
Johnson & Johnson 7 12.07%
Avent 3 5.17%
Lilypadz 3 5.17%
Gerber 0 0%
Medela 4 6.90%
Cloth pads 1 1.72%
Other (please post and tell us!) 6 10.34%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Product Reviews LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 5th, 2006, 11:41 PM
Radish4ever's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Choosing a good nursing pad is as personal as choosing a feminine protection product! lol
I wanted to know which brand is your favorite and what ONE feature makes it so great for you!

Lansinoh is my favorite, because I leaked a LOT for the first 6 months and STILL leak, even though my baby is about to be 9 months old! Lansinoh were the ONLY ones that I tried that would last during the first few weeks! Yes, I was changing pads every feeding, but the other brands leaked between feedings which was so annoying! I got tired of my bra smelling like cheese lol (sorry if tmi!)
February 6th, 2006, 07:09 AM
Jen25's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
For disposable I love the Lansinoh. But I wear cloth ones at home because im cheap I do have to change them at almost every feeding though

February 7th, 2006, 10:52 AM
Phoenix2Light's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Phoenix2Light
Quote:
I'm a huge leaker..i mean i spray three jets when i nurse and since i nurse on one side per feeding i need protection always and they do the trick..love them![/b]
LOL sounds like me! I haven't tried those but I will. I've been using Lansinoh and they work well but my nipples are sore from rubbing in them :\

February 8th, 2006, 10:22 AM
Latinamommy's Avatar Regular
Send a message via AIM to Latinamommy Send a message via MSN to Latinamommy Send a message via Yahoo to Latinamommy
Quote:
I cannot say enough about Curity! They are the underdog and not very expensive but they can really absorb! I'm a huge leaker..i mean i spray three jets when i nurse and since i nurse on one side per feeding i need protection always and they do the trick..love them![/b]
I use the lansinoh but just bought a box of curity since they were 5.00 cheaper. They work well at keeping my shirt dry but they are so bulky and thick you can totally tell I am wearing a breast pad. I only wear them at night now since thats when I need the extra protection.
February 10th, 2006, 10:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I use the Curity pads at home because they are cheaper, they are a little bulky, but do absorb well. When I go somewhere where and care what I look like, I use the Lansinoh pads because they don't show and absorb super well, but I try to use them less because of their more expensive price.

February 10th, 2006, 11:15 AM
mom2Silas&Aidan's Avatar Super Mommy
I voted for LilyPadz. I'm hooked on them this time and I'm a heavy leaker. With my boys and up to a couple of weeks ago I used Curity brand.
February 23rd, 2006, 01:16 PM
CBMS
I like the Target brand. They are less expensive, they're wrapped in two-packs (so they're not all crushed and battered in the diaper bag!), and they are very absorbent! They have a small adhesive strip, too, so they stay in place better than some brands I've used.
March 12th, 2006, 02:39 PM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just started using LilyPadz and I love them!! Don't have to worry about leaking milk at all!!!

As far as disposables goes I love Lansinoh. I've not soaked through one yet! I can't really even tell wheb their wet. Definitely worth the extra money!!

Angie

=May '05 and '11

March 17th, 2006, 08:50 AM
Jenny Lee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I really like the Lansinoh disposable nursing pads. I used them when I nursed my first son, and now I'm using them again this time around. I never leak through them, and they're more comfortable than the Gerber washable pads that I tried -- just too bulky for me.

March 28th, 2006, 07:54 PM
KahlansMommy's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via ICQ to KahlansMommy Send a message via AIM to KahlansMommy Send a message via Yahoo to KahlansMommy
I loved the Lansinoh pads too. They are so thin and contoured so you can't even tell I am wearing pads. I was worried at first that because they were so thin, they wouldn't absorb much, but I never had a problem with them leaking.

On a side note, with my other children, I leaked A LOT! Like some of you, I could spray across the room when my milk let down. This time though, I rarely leak. My daughter is 5 months old and I haven't had to wear pads for a couple of months. It's nice, but sometimes I worry that maybe I'm not producing enough milk. She is growing though and healthy so I guess she is getting enough.
May 4th, 2006, 12:44 PM
BunnyBun's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to BunnyBun
I'm a big leaker too. I spray like crazy when I let down. I'm in love with Lily Padz. It's jsut so nice to not leak at all. Before the Lily padz, I loved Johnson & Johnson. But they don't seem to all be the same - I bought a box of "Johnson" (as opposed to "Johnson & Johnson"), and they weren't so great. I also use Bravado cloth pads. They're great too, but not so discreet. I hate walking around with giant circles thru my shirts!

</div>
August 6th, 2006, 06:57 PM
lapoema's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I cannot say enough about Curity! They are the underdog and not very expensive but they can really absorb! I'm a huge leaker..i mean i spray three jets when i nurse and since i nurse on one side per feeding i need protection always and they do the trick..love them![/b]
I love the Curity ones!!
September 11th, 2006, 08:59 PM
I like the Johnson & Johnson pads. They don't show through my clothing or fold up and they keep me dry.
September 29th, 2006, 01:34 PM
SandKmommy's Avatar Seamus and Kieran's Mommy
the hospital gave me cuirty, i bought gerber thin ones and wic gave me laniosh ones, and the cuirty ones are the most absorbant but i dont like how you can tell i'm wearing it, i like the gerber ones because thy cant be seen, we usuallyy but cuirty sence they are around $2.75 for a box of 42

June 5th, 2007, 06:35 AM
shannon61's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love the Lansinoh pads too! They are very absorbant! I have tried Dr. Browns & they work very well too. I also tried Gerber & absolutely hated them! I woke up in a puddle both times I used them!

</a>

June 21st, 2007, 12:13 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I've only used Lansinoh and Johnson&Johnson. I HATE the J&J ones because they stick to me! Ugh. It's not so bad anymore, but that first week when my nipples were sore, it was torture. And I only bought them because it was the ONLY box my Walmart had in stock at the time.

June 21st, 2007, 12:16 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
*sorry, double post*

July 2nd, 2007, 02:45 PM
LittleWhiteside's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to LittleWhiteside
I use the lansinoh but its the only one I've tried. At times I can leak through these within 30 minutes. Is that strange? Should I use the washable ones or maybe the curity ones for at night?

Gestational Surrogate for one fabulous little family!
August 18th, 2007, 10:37 PM
boomersgang
I prefer the Lansinoh pads. I like that they are larger, have a small adhesive section (that doesn't end up leaving goo on my bra) and that they are very absorbant. I haven't had a leak yet and my baby is 3 months old. I LOVE that they are individually sealed. And I also love that they come with a small pack of wipes and storage bags.
Lori

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search