Lansinoh Double Electric

Product Reviews

Discuss breastpumps, nursing bras, breast pads and more

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Product Reviews LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 17th, 2006, 12:20 PM
LaceyJMC's Avatar Veteran
I just received my Lansinoh Double Electric breast pump in the mail last Tuesday and I love it. It was only $150 from Target. It doesn't come with a cooler or a carrying case, but I have a little cooler that will work just fine. I didn't think it was worth an extra $100 for a Medela just because it came with a case. I think this pump is awesome and I am getting 3 oz. minimum per breast during a pumping session and that is in 10 minutes or less. Anyone else have one? I heard that Lansinoh is the old Ameda brand.
-expecting miracle #3!!!
April 22nd, 2007, 05:08 PM
dvrgrl38's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have been using this pump for over a week now and I love it too. I get lots of milk (2-4 oz per side, in addition to breastfeeding). I haven't tried anyother pumps to compare but this one works great!
April 22nd, 2007, 06:21 PM
Nancy
I have had my pump since January and love it! For me the filter has been a lifesaver.
February 18th, 2008, 10:20 AM
jenghes
It looks to be exactly the same as the Ameda Purely Yours. The shell is just purple rather than white.
June 1st, 2008, 01:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I wanted an Avent Isis Duo but couldnt afford it.

I chose this one over the Medela due to the fact that it is impossible for milk to back up into the motor which milk can back up on the Medela plus it was cheaper but had just as good of reviews as the Medela.

I bought a diaper bag that doesnt really look like a diaper bag to tote it in and it works really well... I have noticed that one side when using as a double doesnt seem to be quite as strong as the other side but I just switch the flanges to the other breast about halfway through the pumping session.

Everyone is different when it comes to how much milk they are able to get with a pump. I am able to get anywhere from 2-4 ozs (both breasts combined) right now but this is after nursing. I havent returned to work yet so I am not sure how much I will be able to get without the nurisng prior to pumping.

Overall I really like this pump.

The only cons to me are the fact that spare parts arent as easily available as the Medela. You can get Medela products at Target and Babies R Us but if you need spare parts for this pump you have to order online. At least I do. But you can either order through Lansinoh or Ameda since the parts are the same.

I just wonder if the car charger for the Ameda will work for the Lansinoh cause Lansinoh doesnt currently sell one.

I have started to experience nipple pain and deep tissue pain since using this pump 2-3 times per day... I have ordered bigger flanges to see if that will help but honestly am thinking of purchasing the Avent Isis Duo.

I thought I came back and edited this once I received the larger flanges but I guess I didnt. The larger flanges helped tremendously.

(1)
June 16th, 2008, 05:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have the Ameda Purely Yours, which looks JUST like the Lansinoh... I do think it is the same pump. I used it 7yrs ago w/ my DD... and I'm using it again now. This time I was having a lot of discomfort... I got the larger flanges and it is MUCH better.

Thank you Julia (Julka) for my BEAUTIFUL siggy!!
<MARQUEE WIDTH="100%" BEHAVIOR="scroll" SCROLLAMOUNT="5" DIRECTION="left">
</MARQUEE>
December 20th, 2008, 04:37 AM
kristen121's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have this pump. It's been working well for me so far.

February 7th, 2009, 04:24 PM
Amy B.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have it and love it! I rented a hospital grade double electric with my first child, and this does the same job. I get 3-4 ounces on each breast each pumping session, and it only takes about 20 minutes.

Thank you, peimum, for my beautiful siggy!

March 27th, 2009, 05:56 PM
mom2autumn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have only used it twice so far, but am really impressed by it!

With DD1 I used at least 5 different pumps trying to build supply and I would compare this one to a hospital grade pump.

My daughter is 8 days old and I am able to get 3 oz out of both breasts about 30 min after a feeding

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search