Medela Pump in Style Reviews

Product Reviews

Discuss breastpumps, nursing bras, breast pads and more

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Product Reviews LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 31st, 2006, 11:44 AM
I hear many bad things about the Pump In Style Breast Pump. Besides it being too expensive people talk about how bad of a company Medela is.
I read about companies complaining about price fixing of Medela pumps at http://www.mothersagainstmedela.com
March 8th, 2007, 10:02 AM
KBeans's Avatar Believe in your body
Send a message via AIM to KBeans
i L.O.V.E. this pump. i have seen lots of previous posters saying it's not worth it if you are a SAHM but i greatly disagree. even SAHM need to leave their babies sometimes and this allows that freedom, even if it's to the store or to the gym, having expressed milk on hand for emergencies is essential!

i am one of those moms that needs a stronger sucking to express milk and so handheld cheaper priced pumps did not work for me, this pump was given to me by a friend (i bought brand new tubes, suction cups and bottles), and it truely saved my breastfeeding relationship with my second son. with my first son we only lasted 2 months (lack of education and a poor pump) but now we are still nursing at 20 months with my second son! and althoguh i don't need my pump anymore, i was a SAHM and i truely feel this pump saved us and helped the bonding process for papa and baby as well.

it is well worth the money.
² married to matt ²
mommy to rick 8, christian 6, kairi 3
²

want P90X, Hip Hop Abs, Turbo Jam, Slim in 6 and tons more? Check out my site!

3.5 years - still BFing

I ♥ triathlon, running & hot yoga!
March 28th, 2007, 01:29 PM
Quote:
I like mine lots![/b]
Beware: I bought my first pump from breast-pumps .org and the PIS was opened and the serial number was removed voiding my warranty! Medela does not allow many websites to sell their pumps in order to keep the prices expensive!
December 17th, 2007, 05:02 PM
BrandiiNikkii.*'s Avatar Mommy to Girls ♥
I HATED IT!!!!

I used it while in the hospital - to me it felt like a meat grinder. It was horrible. I will never use one again.
I was signed up to receive a free one but quickly turned it down!
I will stick w/ my Avent Duo!

January 4th, 2008, 11:01 AM
mommadoolittle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I got this pump from my sister-in-law and just bought new hose and attachments for it. I know you aren't supposed to use someone else's pump but I didn't have $250 for a new one. I love it, it is just about as good as the one I used in the hospital. I am currently a SAHM but will definately take it with me if and when I go back to work. I like the fact that I can get all the accessories at babies r us for it also. I have only been nursing for 4 weeks but have used the pump a lot. Daddy likes to feed him too. I usually can get between 2 and 5 oz in just 10-15 minutes with this pump.

April 17th, 2008, 10:18 AM
Momofapeanut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love this pump! I went back to work after 2 months and this pump works GREAT. I can pump both sides at the same time in under 10min. It's quick and easy. And the best part - I found mine at target on clearance for $175!! I don't have a single complaint.
May 8th, 2008, 11:12 AM
ahillo5
i have it and I love it. It's got great suction and works fast, but it is expensive. I recommend it if you're going to be using it on a daily basis!
May 18th, 2008, 08:48 PM
The Heather's Avatar Jedi Master of Piffleness
I have the PISA and love it. I am back at work now and pump at work 2 times a day. It is quick and works great!

May 31st, 2009, 06:54 PM
SaraBaby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to SaraBaby Send a message via MSN to SaraBaby Send a message via Yahoo to SaraBaby
I have this pump, my insurance paid for it. I'm not planning on going to work, but since my insurance got it, we might as well take it. It works really good!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search