Medela Pump in Style Reviews

Product Reviews

Discuss breastpumps, nursing bras, breast pads and more

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Product Reviews LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 5th, 2005, 10:44 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
If you have used the Medela Pump in Style we want your opinions. Tell us what you like or don't like about this pump.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
October 5th, 2005, 11:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
This pump works well, but is really expensive! It is fast and pretty easy to use, but its just so pricey.

October 5th, 2005, 11:44 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
I think it is a good pump, but I wouldn't spend the money on it if I had it to do over again. It is expensive. I wouldn't recommend this pump to first time moms either until they have breastfed for at least 2 months. I have seen too many first time moms go out and spend $300 on a breastpump to breastfeed 3 weeks and then sell it and recoup very little of their loss.

If you are planning to go back to work, I think Medela Pump N Style is an excellent pump, but for first time moms I recommend renting a hospital grade pump until they are sure they are committed to pumping as this is a pricey investment.

Teresa

Check out my running blog - Wannabe Running Mama
October 5th, 2005, 07:22 PM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
I LOVE the Medela PIS. If you are a stay at home mom I wouldn't buy this pump but if you are planning to go back to work, I highly recommend it. I have successfully worked and pumped with two of my kids and couldn't have done it without it. I have also rented a hospital grade pump and the PIS is very comparable. I could pump with it in about ten or fifteen minutes.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
October 28th, 2005, 03:55 PM
Mjp121212's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I like mine lots!

Thanks to Maitri for my wonderful siggy!
November 28th, 2005, 04:57 PM
Anne07Nov05's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
This is the pump that I have, although I haven't used it yet. I plan to start pumping today or tomorrow. I just wanted to post the link below, which offers this pump for the best price that I've found--and I spent a lot of time shopping around! It's currently $209.95, with free shipping. (I think it's $249 at Babies R Us.) I've seen it go as low as $199 on this site. Just wanted to share.

http://www.breast-pumps.org/

(This site also sells Ameda pumps.)

December 20th, 2005, 08:31 AM
Super Mommy
I L-O-V-E this pump!!! I would have never survived those first few weeks without it. Somtimes it would help toughen up my breasts to pump for a little while, so I used it in conjunction with nursing. I've never had any problems with let-down using it either! It is pricey, but not as pricey as formula is in the long run!!

If you are determined to breastfeed, and will need to pump milk (can't exclusively nurse) then this is a GREAT pump!!!

January 5th, 2006, 08:22 PM
Regular
Send a message via MSN to tjvickery Send a message via Yahoo to tjvickery
[/b][/i]I have a Medela PIS Advanced with the natural expression feature and it is comparable to the hospital-grade Medela Symphony pump. It helps with let-down too. I agree when everyone says it is pricey but, for me, it was worth every penny!!!! I work and pump and I even pump at home to keep a nice stash in the freezer. I think that if anyone rents a pump, that's okay. But why rent when a mom can own the pump with a few months of payments???? Anyway--to sum it up, this pump is DIVINE!!!!
January 16th, 2006, 10:49 AM
teacherinlove's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm a full time student and it really helps me continue breastfeeding without any hassles. I actually received mine from WIC, I signed up to get the pump when I was pregnant, and a month after I had Isaiah I received the pump and was shown how to use it. I was very very lucky. After all that I discontinued the program , but I kept my pump! (even the women who encouraged me to join wic, recommended this, just to get the pump. lol.)What a wonderful program, I hope it helps a lot of moms continue breastfeeding.

~Marissa~

January 25th, 2006, 10:06 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I LOVE this pump. It's bigger than some others, but it works great and feels more natural than any pump I've tried!! I wouldn't think it would be a necessity if I were a SAHM or wasn't pressed for time, but with working and trying to squeeze it in it's a Godsend!!
June 4th, 2006, 03:51 PM
Athey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Athey
My little girl is a preemie in the NICU so I have to pump for her every 3 hours and take the milk to the hospital. I was fortunate enough that in this situation, my insurance covered the purchase of the pump in style! (I had been eyeing it for months for when I have to go back to work, but it was just so expensive that I never thought I'd actually be able to get it).

It works really well. I've never tried any other pumps except for the hospital one that they had me on the first few days when I was still in the hospital.

June 8th, 2006, 06:21 AM
Rebecca^'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Rebecca^ Send a message via MSN to Rebecca^ Send a message via Yahoo to Rebecca^
I have a question about this pump - I am considering purchasing it... right now i'm a SAHM and I use the medela single deluxe for pumping a supply - I pump twice a day - about 8 ounces. Okay, here is my question - would my pumping be more efficient with the PIS because when it looks like I have no more left to pump, I can still manually express some so I don't get it... I only get one let down, and I've read that the PIS has some double something technology or something that will help you to have more than one let down....

anyone...
July 22nd, 2006, 12:23 AM
Anne07Nov05's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
A friend of mine was just given this site by a nurse: http://www.worldwidesurgical.com/ She said you have to call for the price, but apparently it's only $125 for the Medela Pump in Style Advanced! I can't believe the price is so low! I haven't called myself to check, since I don't need one, but just wanted to pass on this info in case anyone wants to check into.

July 22nd, 2006, 12:06 PM
Regular
I absolutely love this pump. After watching the price using this site (http://www.equidation.com/equidation/custo...es.php?item=143) for a while, I got a very good price too.

Hope it help.

ml.at.home
July 27th, 2006, 09:49 AM
kallie74's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I got this pump from a friend, after she'd used it with her three kids. I know some conventional wisdom says not to use a "used" pump, but it works great! I have had no problems.

My only advice is to not try to pump too early -- this is true for any pump. I tried pumping at around 3-4 days post-partum thinking that it would help my engorgement. But instead I pumped for about 10 minutes, got no milk, and ended up with very sore boobies!

But the pump is great. Easy to use.

christmas 2011 - so excited for Santa
July 27th, 2006, 03:47 PM
CeiCei's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to CeiCei Send a message via MSN to CeiCei Send a message via Yahoo to CeiCei
I received my PIS free from my local WIC office and I have to say that I highly recommend it....I am now going to school and at first my supply wasn't enough for my son to have something for daycare...someone recommended that I use a dual electric pump instead of a manual....It has really helped increase my supply and it is very convient for me

My Three Princes: Cordell (23 y/o), Ernest (5 y/o), Robert (4 y/o)

September 4th, 2006, 04:27 PM
I have the Medela Pump in Style Advanced Limited Edition and I love it! Easy to use, very comfortable, and fast!
September 4th, 2006, 04:52 PM
I'm a full time student and I use this pump daily to provide milk while my baby is in daycare. I usually get 8-10 oz per pumping session. It is bulky to travel with so I keep it set up at home. It's worth the money to me if you plan to BF long term.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search