Ameda Purely Yours

Product Reviews

Discuss breastpumps, nursing bras, breast pads and more

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Product Reviews LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 5th, 2005, 11:46 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
If you have used the Ameda Purely Yours we want your opinions. Tell us what you like or don't like about this pump.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
October 10th, 2005, 02:25 PM
Veteran
Send a message via AIM to Ana_and_Gage's_Mommy
I have this pump and used it alot in the beginning, in fact I credit it with saving my supply while ds learned to nurse. It took just 8-10 minutes to empty both breasts. It was fairly quiet, I dont have alot to compare it to noise wise but I didnt feel it was embarressingly lound or anything like that. I really liked that I could set the bottles down into the base when done so they wouldn't spill. I love the control I had over suction and cycle speeds. It was easy to clean, replacement parts are easy to come by (though I never needed any), and it held up great through many months of pumping part time.

The only thing I can say I didn't like about my ameda was that the flange inserts were sold separately.

October 16th, 2005, 08:22 PM
Super Mommy
I have this breast pump and it worked great at first. However, I think there are too many parts and the tubing is too long. I am a stay at home mom and I only work on Saturdays. When I try to pump on Saturdays, I always drop something or get the tubing tangled. I don't have anything to compare this pump to but I think it worked great at first. I am on my fifth month of pumping and I am noticing that it is slowing down some. I am noticing that the pump doesn't work equally as hard on each side now. I don't want to complain too much because this pump really did work well at the beginning and it still saves lots of time. I used to be able to empty both breast in 10 minutes, now it just takes 15 minutes.

Wife to Michael since May 5, 2001
Mother to Joshua Michael James born April 27, 2005
October 22nd, 2005, 02:47 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I bought this pump because it came very highly recommended by the LC's at my local hospital and I am so glad that I did. While at work I can pump in 10 minutes. It is fairly quiet and has convenient bottle holders. I have no complaints!
October 31st, 2005, 02:29 PM
impish77's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Love it! Works great, only takes 10mins to empty both breasts...easy to use controls...easy to clean..quiet...and so much more affordable than the Medela pump in style. I only paid $137.00w/the carry all from breastfeedingexpress.com

It realllly helped me get my supply up. No compalints that I can think of

IMG_7734-3finalws2 by impish77, on Flickr

“And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom” -Anaïs Nin

November 1st, 2005, 10:48 AM
Radish4ever's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love this pump - no complaints here! I'm able to get about 4 oz in about 5-7 minutes (which for someone who pumps quite rarely is quite a lot!)
I used this a LOT more when DD was about 8-12 weeks of age and loved it then. I'm about to start using it more again to express milk for DD's cereal
November 2nd, 2005, 01:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to momme
I also have this pump and its great.
January 16th, 2006, 12:07 PM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've used the Ameda and the Medela and for the cost difference I highly recommend the Ameda! It's quiet and easy to clean, and a very good pump! I was able to express about 6oz in 10 minutes when my baby was only a week old. I will be returning to work full time when my daughter is eight weeks old and this pump will enable us to continue our nursing relationship (as did the Medela). For the price, I definitely recommend the Ameda over the Medela.

April 28th, 2006, 01:11 PM
berrygirll's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have/had this pump with carry-all and it is great! It worked really well.
I'm sad because I'm now selling it in the swap shop! I nursed exclusively for 10 months and she now nurses only at nap & bedtime (comfort nursing I call it) so we are just about done.
Jake (16)
Sam (13)
Layla (9)
stepmom to:
Kayleigh (20)
Emilee (19)
Madison (7)

April 29th, 2006, 07:39 AM
pixie_styx's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been working fulltime for about four months, and this pump still rocks. I bought it for $140 online with the carrying tote (comes with 6 bottles and a refrig tote.) I also sometimes use it as a single pump and that works just fine as well. This pump works as well today as it did when I first started, so I have nothing but postive opinions about it.
May 20th, 2006, 01:12 PM
PrettyInPink#2
Nothing to say but good things about this pump! LOVE IT!
November 26th, 2007, 03:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I absolutely love this pump and would highly reccomend it to anyone. Its works great (especially for the price).

Thank you aprilmiracle for my siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search