Medela Harmony Manual Breast pump

Product Reviews

Discuss breastpumps, nursing bras, breast pads and more

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Product Reviews LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 5th, 2005, 10:49 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
If you have used the Medela Harmony we want your opinions. Tell us what you like or don't like about this pump.

April 28th, 2006, 10:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to SarahEB21
The Medela Harmony is the only pump I've used, so I don't have a lot to compare it to, but I like it. I'm a SAHM who doesn't pump very often(probably 1 to 2 times a week) and I've found it to be great for that purpose. I think I'll definitely go with an electric pump if I can afford it(or ask people to go in on it for a shower gift) next time...the manual works for my purposes but it takes about 20 to 30 minutes to pump both breasts and sometimes I just don't have the much time to sit there and do it!

April 29th, 2006, 01:58 AM
AnnikasMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to AnnikasMommy Send a message via Yahoo to AnnikasMommy
I was given one at the hospital. It was great for relieving engorgement. I don't think it's great for much else though. I had to return to work so I purchased a Medela PIS.

April 29th, 2006, 06:19 AM
Super Mommy
I love my medela. I got it from WIC when I was on it. It gets more milk than the double electric I had. Plus I can grab and pump it while feeding her on the other side.
June 15th, 2006, 09:18 PM
CBMS
hooray! I FINALLY found a pump that actually DOES something! I can get a good 4 oz each time, which is an enormous improvement over the other pumps that I tried. My isis got milk once or twice, and then stopped working. I tried an evenflo, a gerber, the medela little hearts (which worked, but also worked my ARMS!), and the isis, and this is the only one that consistently works for me!! And it doesn't kill my hand to express.
July 27th, 2006, 03:35 PM
CeiCei's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to CeiCei Send a message via MSN to CeiCei Send a message via Yahoo to CeiCei
I love Medela period...I have three Medela pumps and love them all....

The Harmony is good for engorgements....It does have the convience to nurse on one side and pump on the other at the same time...It is good for those who don't pump alot in my opinion...If you just do it occasionally then it would be perfect...

My Three Princes: Cordell (23 y/o), Ernest (5 y/o), Robert (4 y/o)

August 18th, 2007, 09:49 PM
boomersgang
I absolutely LOVE this pump! It's been 8 years since I had my last baby and back then, I used a manual Medela pump for pumping when I was at work. It was the piston-type pump that was hard on the arms and hands - although it was effective. When I was looking for a good alternative to a bulky, noisy electric pump to take to work this time for discreet pumping, I found the Harmony. I got it brand new for $25 on eBay and it is the best! It is very small with a minimal number of pieces. It fits right in my purse. It comes with 2 bottles. It's VERY easy on the hand - hardly any effort required at all. I let down quickly and can get a good 7 -8 ounces in 20 minutes or so. Makes no noise whatsoever. I was thinking of maybe buying a 2nd one to do both sides at the same time.
Lori
September 4th, 2007, 08:16 AM
tygrss's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a Medela PIS Advanced, which I love, but also wanted a small hand-pump for back up at work (i.e. in case I rushed out the door and forgot my PIS) or for when I go to a family barbecue and pumping time comes around. I bought the Harmony yesterday for that purpose and decided to try it out to see if I liked it. It's a great pump. I just used it for a few minutes to test it, but I started getting milk flow just as quickly as I do with my PIS. I'm glad that I bought it!

I might actually buy another one so that I can leave one at work or in my car and keep one at home for going to visit family.

May 31st, 2008, 02:28 PM
itsmenatalie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This is a fantastic manual pump! The best I've seen. Easy to use and very effective.

June 16th, 2008, 05:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I just got one this weekend because I had left my Ameda Purely Yours at work. I have to pump while LO nurses 1st thing in the morning, or I am in some serious pain. I LOVE the Harmony. So much that I am just going to leave my electric pump at work and use the Harmony at home (I only pump 1x per day at home).

*Edit* I just wanted to add to my previous review...
I am still loving the Harmony! Granted, it is the only manual pump that I have ever used, so I can't compare it to other manuals. But, it is JUST as effective as my electric for my early morning nurse and pump session. I usually get about 6oz from my right breast while Sean nurses on the left. I have found that while it is very easy for me to work right-handed, it's a little more difficult for me to use left-handed.

Thank you Julia (Julka) for my BEAUTIFUL siggy!!
<MARQUEE WIDTH="100%" BEHAVIOR="scroll" SCROLLAMOUNT="5" DIRECTION="left">
</MARQUEE>
July 2nd, 2008, 04:33 AM
Momofapeanut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
This is a great pump. I bought it to use at home (have a PIS at work) just to get enough for cereal and this works sooo well that I added an evening pumping session and just leave my PIS at work. For me, it gets milk just as quickly as the double electric and it's easy to use and clean.
March 15th, 2009, 08:38 PM
duality's Avatar Miss Mama
At the moment I'm out of work and having a hard time finding work, so I bought this pump for the occasional bottle until I can afford a better pump when I find work. Anywho, this pump has worked great the few times I've used it. I can pump about 3 oz. out of each side with this manual, while I was lucky to get that COMBINED with the Medela hospital grade pumps when I was breastfeeding my daughter. If funds are tight or you only need to pump every now and then, I would definitely recommend this! It only takes me about 15 minutes to completely drain each breast and I am not sore/tender after pumping.

April 6th, 2009, 08:45 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I've found this to be a great pump for a manual! I can easily get 5-6ozs with it on a good day.

December 12th, 2009, 10:40 AM
Another fan of this pump. I always get the milk out of of my boobs with it easily. I've heard how some women dont respond well to pumps. Well this one still worked wonders on my boobs even though I did not pump for months (think it was at least 6 months).

Hvor er toalettet?
Skal vi danse?
Gratulerer med fødselsdagen
Luftputefartøyet mitt er fullt av ål
Ett språk er aldri nok
August 12th, 2012, 10:39 AM
i love this pump i use it for work

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search