The First Years breast pump

Product Reviews

Discuss breastpumps, nursing bras, breast pads and more

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Product Reviews LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 5th, 2005, 11:55 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
If you have used The First Years breast pump we want your opinions. Tell us what you like or don't like about this pump.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
October 6th, 2005, 06:42 AM
nat81
I used the first years electric pump. I really liked it... it wasn't all that expensive and it worked really well for me. It costs under 50$ Canadian. It has an auto-nursing cycle that simulates the suck and release action of a baby.

It comes with a 4oz bottle, 2 different sizes of shields, a 2 pack Lanolin treated disposable nursing pads and a bag to store everything in. It can be batterie operated as well.

I was exclusively pumping for a while so I used it a lot and the motor never died! It also worked really fast, I could be done pumping in about 10 minutes and get 6 to 8 oz combined with each breast.

Funny strory here... I had forgotten my pump at my mom's (4 hours away), DD still wouldn't latch so my fiance went and bought me another one! Then when I got my first pump back, I used them both! It was like having a double pump!!!

So for the 2 of them, we paid about 100$ Canadian! I highly recommend it!!!
March 3rd, 2006, 01:41 PM
MamaBx3
I love my Electric First Years pump !
It works really well, and it was cheap !
May 29th, 2006, 07:19 AM
mimi23's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
do any of you's have the double or single breast pump?
I'm considering this pump, but I dont know if single or double is better..
thanks!

Amy

June 2nd, 2006, 01:01 PM
Lisak52's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Lisak52
I have the double and love it.
It works great.

<a href="http://preg.fertilityfriend.com/pages/9175c" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>

<MARQUEE WIDTH="100%" BEHAVIOR="scroll" SCROLLAMOUNT="5" DIRECTION="left"></MARQUEE>
September 15th, 2006, 07:14 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I got this from another mom in my area, and love it! i love being able to attacch a starage bag to it instad of having to pour, as i lose a ton of milk that way! I'm concerned though about lose of suction, as that is the primary complant i see online about the pump. Any ideas?
September 20th, 2006, 09:02 PM
ladyellise's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ladyellise
I'm thinking about using this pump also, it seems you ladies give it a good review! I'll check it out when the baby gets here
<div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div>
September 23rd, 2006, 06:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Are you ladies talking about the Natural Comfort Electric/Battery Breast Pump? I was searching and wasn't sure. Also, does The First Years have a website? I can't seem to find one.
Thanks!
Marina
October 17th, 2006, 10:05 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I have to change my review on this pump. After using it for a few weeks, I started getting a horrible pain from my sholder blade, under my arm, and threw my breast. I called a LC at my hospital, and said it was most like deep tissue brusing from the pump and to stop using it immediatly within 24 hours I was no longer hurting. She said that this is a common problem with this pump as well as the evenflo brand.
April 4th, 2007, 10:30 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I dunno why my review is so different than the others but I got the first years single electric and it was the biggest peice of crap ever. Akward to use number one, because of the way it is designed. The thing (dunno what it is called) that spits out the milk was always getting backed up, it would always lose suction, it was noisy...I hated it. It's in my trash right now and I just got a Amela perfectly yours and LOVE it!
August 18th, 2007, 10:42 PM
boomersgang
I have the Deluxe Natural Comfort Double / Single electric pump. It works well. I let down easily and get a good amount of milk in a relatively short time. I like that you can use batteries or plug it in. The batteries seem to last awhile - longer than I thought they would. I also like that you can use it singly or doubly. However, it's quite bulky and noisy. And sometimes the bottles don't stay attached well to the machine. I just went back to work today and didn't want to take that one to use at work because of the large size and the noise level, so I got a manual one for work. All in all, a great pump for home or where you don't need to worry about the noise or bulkiness.
Lori
December 22nd, 2007, 07:15 PM
blissful mama's Avatar Regular
Quote:
I love my Electric First Years pump !
It works really well, and it was cheap ![/b]
Ditto! I love mine!
October 14th, 2008, 09:31 AM
Newbies
I love my first years breast pump. I used it with my son two years ago and it was so easy to use. I'm expecting again, a little girl, and would like to use it again. It has held up nice and functions well, but I'm looking for some new replacement pieces and I'm having a hard time locating them. I misplaced contact information to the company and I'm having a hard time locating them too. If anyone has any ideas I would really appreciate it. Thanks!
October 18th, 2008, 09:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I love my first years breast pump. I used it with my son two years ago and it was so easy to use. I'm expecting again, a little girl, and would like to use it again. It has held up nice and functions well, but I'm looking for some new replacement pieces and I'm having a hard time locating them. I misplaced contact information to the company and I'm having a hard time locating them too. If anyone has any ideas I would really appreciate it. Thanks![/b]

I couldnt find a copy of the manual online in a PDF format like most comanies do but I did find the website and it does have a link at the bottom to contact customer service. You may could get somewhere with that.

The First Years

HTH!

(1)
October 18th, 2008, 03:14 PM
Newbies
Quote:
Quote:
I love my first years breast pump. I used it with my son two years ago and it was so easy to use. I'm expecting again, a little girl, and would like to use it again. It has held up nice and functions well, but I'm looking for some new replacement pieces and I'm having a hard time locating them. I misplaced contact information to the company and I'm having a hard time locating them too. If anyone has any ideas I would really appreciate it. Thanks![/b]

I couldnt find a copy of the manual online in a PDF format like most comanies do but I did find the website and it does have a link at the bottom to contact customer service. You may could get somewhere with that.

The First Years

HTH!
[/b]
Thank You so much for your help.
July 27th, 2009, 02:11 AM
I have the First Years Double Electric miPump...or the name is something like that. lol. It works awesomely. On the highest setting it doesn't hurt at all and feels a lot like what my son does when he eats.
I accidentally broke (well, my dog chewed on it) the suction tubey thing that you plug into the bottles and called the customer service to ask where to buy a new one. They sent me a free replacement.
My motor broke now and I called them again. They said that they would send me a new motor too. :] Free. Which is total win. Who doesn't like free?
It gets my milk out pretty fast and for the price (I payed about $60) it is amazing. :] I like that I can buy other Soothie bottles for it because I'm lazy when it comes to washing out the bottles by hand every two hours to pump. =/
Customer service is pretty fast and nice too.
Plus the carrying bag it came in was very cute. Brown and blue. :]
September 20th, 2011, 09:01 PM
thewilsons03's Avatar Veteran
I see the reviews on here for this product are pretty old, so here's my two cents:
Mine is called the miPump by The First Years. I have the double. it came with breastflow bottles instead of soothe bottles, which is half the reason I chose this pump- I had decided to is The First Years breastflow bottles well before looking at a pump. this pump cost 80 bucks, so that was the other half of the reason I chose this pump. my son is 8 weeks old and so far so good - I started using the pump a few times a week when he was 2 weeks, then it got us through 2 fourteen hour car rides. I just went back to work today and it still works great! It is relatively quiet, and I love the handle it comes with to make it where you can pump both breasts one handed. I did pump once very soon after washing the bottle adapter and a few droplets of water got sucked into the hose. I panicked because nothing is supposed to go in the tubing, and after two days there was still condensation in the tubes. I called customer service and they suggested swinging it around like a lasso - which totally worked! they sent me replacement tubing for free as well! The suction seems good - ican consistently pump 3-5 ounces per breast (which I understand is unusual, most women can't pump that much). I am slightly worried that my milk supply will drop because it is not a super raved about like the medela pump, but since just returns to work only time will tell. for the price and the awesome customer service it is so worth it. seems to work great for me! And the tote bag is super cute!
#1...is here!!...It's a boy!! Ridge Garrett 07/27/2011

My Big 2 year old...
July 6th, 2012, 10:17 AM
KimiB's Avatar Super Mommy
I have The First Years miPump double electric. One side has lost suction...possibly my own fault because I frequently pump only one side, but you're supposed to be able to use it like a single. Otherwise, I like it. It's comfortable and efficient for a relatively cheap pump.

~*Kimi*~
Proud mama of Avery, born March 19, 2012, 6lbs 5 oz, 19 inches

Please check out my blog: http://familybirdsnest.blogspot.com

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search