Disposable nursing pads

Product Reviews

Discuss breastpumps, nursing bras, breast pads and more

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Product Reviews LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 15th, 2008, 01:53 PM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What are your favorite?

I bought the lansinoh ones this time and they are indevidually packaged which is a pain in my butt, but otherwise they are bigger and thinner than other breast pads I've used so far. I like them better I think.

February 18th, 2008, 07:39 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I've only just bought my first box of nursing pads and I got the Johnson and Johnson ones. They have a sticky tab on the back and they stay in place all day. They were 1/2 the price of the Lansinoh ones.

<div align="center"> </div>

<div align="center"></div>
February 18th, 2008, 10:10 AM
jenghes
I have used Gerber because they were cheaper and hated them. They did not have a sticky back and they moved on me. I had several leakage accidents.

I had heard that the Lansinoh was the best, so I tried them. I ablsolutely love them and have never had an accident with them. They have the gel to be super absorbant, they are shaped good so they don't show through, they have the sticky back so they don't move. The individual wrapper makes them nice to carry as a spare and not get dirty in the diaper bag.
February 27th, 2008, 11:15 AM
Kalia20's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Lansinoh are the best ones. Its decieving how much they can actually hold!! I wake up in the morning and they are FULL.

Gerber I like too, but not AS much as Lansinoh because they hold dont quite as much and are a bit smaller. I have coupons for Gerber so I will get more of them. When those run out, back to Lansinoh.

I think Johnson and Johnson are completer garbage because they are so small and dont stick for me. I got more milk absorbed through my bra than the J&J brand. They were good while I was pregnant for the little bit of leaking.

Just IMO

March 1st, 2008, 03:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I use the Lansinoh ones and I'd definitely recommend them. I also like the fact that they are individually wrapped for diaper bag travel. I used the J&J ones before and i liked them, but they are smaller and a little thicker than the Lansinoh.

Jessica-mommy to Joshua 9.22.2007
March 9th, 2008, 01:36 PM
Mitra Shonu's Avatar ~Seeking the Way~
I'm using J&J, but I don't like them. I hate that they have the fake nipple thing in the form. And they are so small, you can see the pad outline through your shirts. I've tried the ones made by Madela. They seemed ok to me. They're individually wrapped also. Mine were samples though, so I'm not sure if you can buy them at the store or if you have to get them through the website.

A very special THANK YOU to Bokkechick for my gorgeous new siggy!

March 9th, 2008, 01:41 PM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yeah I noticed the outline through the shirt thing with them too. Thats another reason I like the Lansinoh ones. I will buy these from now on probably.

April 17th, 2008, 10:23 AM
Momofapeanut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I use the Lansinoh ones, they're great and I've never had a problem - nor can you see them through your shirt. I definately recommend them. I love that they come individually packaged, because I can just throw a few in my purse and I don't have to worry about them being clean.
April 19th, 2008, 04:12 PM
Madeline410's Avatar Maddie
Send a message via Yahoo to Madeline410
Another Lansinoh person here!! I have tried almost every kind, and Lansinoh are by FAR the best. They actually *absoarb* leaks.. instead of just delaying the leak from getting to the next layer like your shirt LOL.

95% of kids aren't in their car seats safely.
Click here to see how your child should look!

A rear-facing child is 75% less likely to die in a crash. Click here to learn more!

Are you installing your car seats correctly?
to watch my installation videos,
click HERE!

April 24th, 2008, 03:09 AM
marcella's Avatar Veteran
About the J & J nursing pads. I don't know why they made them with the nipple imprint but I have found you can smooth them out so they don't show at all. Just use your thumb on one side and index finger on the other and really press hard with your fingers.
May 2nd, 2008, 01:06 PM
Spacey Stacy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was using Lansinoh when I first had Hayden and my milk wasn't regulated but they are so darn expensive....I use the Gerber one's now that my milk is regulated and I don't have to many leak issues....

May 8th, 2008, 11:11 AM
ahillo5
I have the avent ones. I leak ALOT and they're the only ones that keep my leakage in!
May 13th, 2008, 09:13 AM
IneedCoffee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Im on my 4th brand of disposables.. and I am back to Gerber. I like them the best.

My Blog
May 15th, 2008, 04:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I use the medela pads and absolutely love them!
May 18th, 2008, 08:54 PM
The Heather's Avatar Jedi Master of Piffleness
I have been using the Lansinoh ones and love them! They hold a lot more than you would think and I have never leaked through them.

June 1st, 2008, 02:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I have been using the Lansinoh ones and love them! They hold a lot more than you would think and I have never leaked through them.[/b]
I agree 100%!

Thanks for my siggy .:shortcake:.
December 26th, 2008, 04:24 PM
HurricaneLady's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I LOVE the Avent ones.... no tricky package to open - they absorb a TON and they are like soft little nipple pillows which is SOOO nice when you are sore.

I also like the Lansinoh ones - the package is nice for the diaper bag, but annoying to open with a baby in hand - plus with the Avent I usually dont need another one to really need one in the diaper bag.

Medela were horrible - scratchy papery feeling and they made my whole boob itch

Parker Hudson 11/1/08 8.14, 22.5" Frank Breech Csection/Kennedy Eve 11/18/10 9lb, 21" Natural VBAC
December 27th, 2008, 07:14 PM
kristen121's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I initally bought the Lansinoh ones because I had heard good things about them and like that they are individually wrapped so I can carry them in my purse or diaper bag. I bought the Gerber ones the last time I bought nursing pads because they were only half the price. At first I thought they were complete garbage, but then I realized I was putting them in my bra the wrong way! I was putting the absorbant part away from my body. Now that I've been using them the right way, they are working just fine for me so I think I will continue to buy them.

January 4th, 2009, 03:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I love the first years brand. they come with lanolin on them and they are great under clothes. absorb a lot and still breath well. I also love that they are individually wrapped.
March 7th, 2009, 05:22 PM
Sunny in CO's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
With my DD I tried many brands and nothing worked for me except the Lansinoh. I had terrible leak through pad-bra-shirt experiences when she was tiny with the other brands. NOT fun when you are out and about. I ended up using them the whole 18 months she nursed. I was even able to wear them with NO bra for a brides maid dress, couldn't see them! I am already stocking up for August. (I have found some great deals of new, unopened boxes on ebay.)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search