Cystex & Bf'ing/EP'ing?

Forum: Pumping Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pumping Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 27th, 2009, 07:05 PM
greenchild's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I feel a UTI coming on - so far it isn't a full blown one (thankfully!!) but it's irritating enough. I used to use Cystex with success and am wondering if anyone else has taken it while Bf'ing/pumping? Not sure if I should pump & dump for a few days - some websites say it's okay, some say it's not. I took some tonight already, I hope it kicks the UTI's butt fast! I have plenty of milk in the fridge and tons in the freezer so no worries if I have to dump, but I don't want to waste it if I don't have to.

Yes, I am already pushing water & cranberry. I swear I have to pee more now than when i was pg!!
August 28th, 2009, 06:47 AM
shortlette's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
no idea sorry ... I can't even point you in any direction, cos I'm sure you've looked all the places I would!

I hope the water and cranberry are doing the trick.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my siggy
August 28th, 2009, 07:22 AM
Astrid's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Uggg...UTIs suck. I hope you get it cleared up quickly.

August 28th, 2009, 07:26 AM
KCMomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When I got a UTI I took Aze or something like it - it's over the counter....and my doc told me I could still take it while breastfeeding. It just turned your pee orange and you are supposed to drink a lot of water! I so hope you get better soon...I had one about a month ago for the first time ever and I thought I was gonna die!!!!!!!!

Thank you Julka for my beautifully, perfect siggy!!

August 28th, 2009, 07:31 AM
greenchild's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
sadly Azo does nothing for me. It worked the very first time I tried it, and then never again. Ended up going to the dr this morning as it was worse. blech. I hate UTI's!!!!
August 28th, 2009, 11:00 AM
kerian's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
thats horrible!!!!!!
UTI's are the worst! i hope it clears up quickly!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy

March 21st, 2017, 09:27 AM
They have a product that is made for preventing UTI too. What I would suggest is to make sure you get it look at by a doctor. You seem to to be stocked up on milk so that's a good thing. While you are waiting for the doctor continue to take the Cystex because it really worked well for me right after I was pregnant. I remember I went to the doctor and they gave me antibiotics, because you have to remember that probiotics is not a solution as a UTI treatment. The only real UTI treatment is an antibiotic, but you can use probiotics as a buffer to make sure that the UTI doesn't get any worse. Unfortunately, when I had my UTI, I had no choice but to give her formula (mainly because I was nervous of giving her breast milk. my baby wasn't happy, but drank it. I hated the experience of that, so now I take https://www.cystex.com/about-cystex/...h-maintenance/ and please check this out ladies because it keeps you UTI free EVEN if you are known to get chronic UTIs. Good luck.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search