I made cookies!

Forum: Pumping Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pumping Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 22nd, 2009, 10:43 AM
*Lana*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think they worked...but they are very dangerous to my waistline!
I made them on Tuesday night. On Wednesday morning I woke up feeling really full. Unfortunately I was off, so I was nursing instead of pumping. But...at a few feedings DD was sputtering and coughing from my letdown. That hasn't happened since she was a few months old!
I was carrying DD this morning while she was falling asleep and I felt my shirt was a little wet (was still in my pj's with no bra on). A few minutes later one side of my shirt was soaked. I used my manual pump for a few minutes while I was doing stuff, then my other side started to leak (she had just nursed off that side). That hasn't happened for a long time.
I'm going to give the cookies a thumbs up...but I think I should try consuming the extra ingredients in oatmeal form instead of cookies!
I suppose I better continue eating some cookies today to see how pumping goes tomorrow.

October 22nd, 2009, 11:03 AM
CalFan's Avatar Blue State of Mind
Yay! Well, so far in my great oatmeal cookie experiment, the non-fat cookies work just as well as the fully-loaded ones...although they taste like crap. Sigh.

October 22nd, 2009, 11:06 AM
Twinmamma09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Woohoo Lana! I swear they work like that for me too.

Not so great for the waste line, but oh so yummy!

Cute new siggy also. I love it!

Thanks Kristy *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!!!

Amy ~ Mom to Twin Girls Addison and Riley 4.26.09
Born at 32w6d weighing 4lbs 6 ounces and 3lbs 12 ounces
Conceived After Clomid & IUI

October 22nd, 2009, 11:06 AM
greenchild's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think I need to do some baking!!
October 22nd, 2009, 12:26 PM
kerian's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i wish i had known about these miracle cookies when Kyla was small. i could have really used the supply boost!

glad to hear how well they worked!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy

October 22nd, 2009, 03:52 PM
tela's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
you girls are all making me crave monster cookies! looks like i'll be doing some baking this weekend! lana - let us know how your pumping goes tomorrow.
October 23rd, 2009, 07:29 AM
shortlette's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
oooh yum ... I might have to do me some baking too!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my siggy
October 23rd, 2009, 09:48 AM
mutleysweet's Avatar a May 2009 mommy :D
wow, i really have to try those cookies! they're amazing!
October 23rd, 2009, 10:23 AM
*Lana*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My dad is in love with the cookies! He asked where I got the recipe and said I need to email the recipe to my mom because he can make cookies since he is retired now. LOL! I think I will have to rename the cookies since the recipe I used calls them lactation cookies!

I kept DD home today because she had a fever...but I had used a bag of frozen milk to make up her bottles for today. All 3 bottles had some frozen milk in them--I didn't want to waste 12oz, so she'll get bottles while she's with me today! So it won't be a normal pumping day for me. To start, she nursed an extra time before I pumped. I'm unfortunately out of cookies too. I have ingredients...but I don't dare make any more!
I did pump yesterday while DD was napping and got 5oz...which is a couple ounces more than usual for me pumping between feedings. I think the cookies worked great as long as I kept eating them. Maybe if I had a few days to pump every couple hours, while eating cookies, then I think that would help even more.

Last edited by *Lana*; October 23rd, 2009 at 10:33 AM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search