Labeling bottles

Forum: Pumping Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pumping Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 18th, 2011, 07:17 AM
Happy Mommy
So i checked with daycare yesterday on how they want the milk brought in, so I know what to get for supplies.

I plan on, for right away at least, just bringing them what I pump from the day before. to cut out on freezing and extra work on my part. (with the exception of the Friday milk I'll freeze and bring to them Monday, or whatever I have that is oldest)

so I figured to save on money I'd just leave it in bottles rather then transfer to bags, since those are not cheap at all!(I'll use bags for the stuff I know will be froze )

they want it individually packaged, rather then me just bringing one larger bottle of combined milk for the day, they'll want per feeding, which will be guessing game at first I'm thinking. so I'll do like 2-3 oz per bottle. I'll just use the small bottles I pump into, or the test tube looking things My mom got me (from medela) but then how do I label those? I'm thinking masking tape and a sharpie? will that stay on you think? they said anything not clearly labeled with pump date and name will be thrown out. (which I totally get)

then they can warm in that little bottle, and dump into her regular bottle to feed her.
June 18th, 2011, 10:08 AM
Spacey Stacy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That is what I did...I used tape on the lid with a sharpie so you can do it over and over again..

June 18th, 2011, 05:00 PM
-erin-'s Avatar Co-Host of the May2010 PR
I pumped into the bottles that came with my pump, then transferred to the bottles she ate from (Nuk). She always got the previous day's pumped milk so there was no freezing or bags (except if I had extra I'd freeze, or once in a while I'd rotate my stash). Each night I'd wash her bottles she ate from, then put the milk I pumped in them and put them in the fridge, then wash my pump parts and pump bottles for the next day. I didnt have to label since she just went to my MILs, but tape and a marker sounds just fine.

June 19th, 2011, 02:37 AM
shortlette's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I did the same as you're proposing and also what Erin did .... except for name labels on the bottles (fancy printed ones that I couldn't resist buying) I didn't have any other labels. My daycare didn't require dates, maybe because they only ever had enough for a day, except for a couple of emeergency frozen bags in the freezer.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my siggy
June 19th, 2011, 02:06 PM
Happy Mommy
I had thought about just putting in the bottles she'll eat out of, but then I realised I'd have to put tape on them, and I don't know if I want to put tape on the nice bottles

I shoudl search online, duh me, I bet there's something could buy to go around her nice bottles that I could write on without ruining...
June 21st, 2011, 11:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi, Retired pumper here. Instead of masking tape, get the blue painter's tape it's super easy to remove since it's supposed to be pulled off after you finish painting. I used that and it worked great, very easy to peel off bottles before washing them. I had to do name, date etc on my daily pump bottles too.

Thank you Vicki for my siggy!
June 28th, 2011, 08:37 AM
Happy Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRM View Post
Hi, Retired pumper here. Instead of masking tape, get the blue painter's tape it's super easy to remove since it's supposed to be pulled off after you finish painting. I used that and it worked great, very easy to peel off bottles before washing them. I had to do name, date etc on my daily pump bottles too.
oh good idea!!!
July 1st, 2011, 12:51 PM
wildchihuahua's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have cute vinyl labels with DS's name, and then put a piece of masking tape on with the date. Saves on masking tape. lol.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search