Funky places I pumped at!!!!

Forum: Pumping Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pumping Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 3rd, 2011, 05:40 PM
Super Mommy
So the Big Latch On thread (DDC May 2011) inspired me to tell you guys about all the funky places I pumped at in July when I went to Europe to spend some of my maternity leave with my parents.

1. At a Samsung sponsored power charging station at a Newark, NJ airport gate. Me and all the Ipod and Ipad people gathered around this metal pole with four power outlets. Funny, my hubs just did some work for Samsung in Korea.
2. Seat 8D on a Boeing en route to Berlin - all seats were equipped with a US power outlet. I was sitting right next to a group of 20-something dudes traveling to Europe bachelor style. Thank God they turn off all the lights on the plane for most of the eight hour flight.
3. At a table in a diner somewhere on the way from Germany to Poland. The place looked like it was built in the seventies and never redone but strangely the bathrooms have been recently remodeled to look like five star hotel amenities. I ordered a glass of milk which was not on the menu and was charged an equivalent of a US quarter dollar for it, heh.
4. At Newark Airport's Terminal B Baggage Claim Carousel 3 - just as I started pumping, my luggage came out so I had to ask an airport employee who had nothing better to do than sit and stare to pull the bag out of the carousel for me. As I was pumping, a trained dog sniffed my suitcase for drugs. Luckily, he did not know I had some Grandma made cherry that I smuggled through the border, heh.
August 4th, 2011, 01:28 AM
shortlette's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
that is cool! I only ever pumped at work ... pumping in public was way out of my comfort zone. But I have breastfed on trams, trains, airplane trips (Amsterdam to New Zealand and return), in numerous cafes, restaurants and parks, a church in Prague at my cousins wedding and on a beach in Malta. The things you do eh?

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my siggy
August 4th, 2011, 06:07 AM
-erin-'s Avatar Co-Host of the May2010 PR
That's pretty awesome! I've only pumped at home and at work

August 4th, 2011, 10:13 AM
ashley5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
that's pretty neat! I've only pumped at work, and bathrooms.
August 6th, 2011, 09:55 AM
Rae-of-Sunshine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That is a lot of crazy places. So far my oddest place was in the scullery at a conference center. I had a conference this week for work that I did all the logistics for, and I was at the conference center for the week. Since all the rooms at the conference center have cameras for monitoring, I couldn't pump in any of them. I am good friends with the lady who does all the food prep there and she let me come back and use her scullery/storage room. There is no camera there and there was a lock on the door. It wasn't bad. I rolled a big comfy chair in there. It was a little warm and humid in there though

Psalm 139:9-10
]
August 6th, 2011, 09:08 PM
angelsailor288's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
just my car on the thruway and in a hospital parking lot

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search