Reverse cycling...

Forum: Pumping Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pumping Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 8th, 2011, 04:46 PM
Happy Mommy
it might not even be right to say that, because she is sleeping well at night still.

BUT. since Bob started daycare she doesn't eat much during the day. I'm talking like 8 ounces total for the whole 6-7 hours she is there. and at 7 weeks that doesn't seem like much, and she only does 2-3 ounces at a time and she's done.

I know dangwell that when she nurses she gets well over 2-3 ounces in her tummy, doc and I figure she eats a good 4 ounces if not more in a nursing session.

she nurses alot in the hours after we get home, and then her normal(ish) night time (though at night it does seem she eats more/longer with actual swalloing)

so do you think she's probably taking enough during the day to feel satisfied, and then just nursing/consuming more from me in the evenings/nights? I've read that some babies do that, but I've never dealt with this with my older two...

(she has her 2 month appt on the 22nd and until then I'm not going to worry and will just see what her weight is then)
September 10th, 2011, 01:00 AM
shortlette's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think you're right and it sounds a lot like Ollie (my number 2) ... except he was eating every 2 hours at night. All i can say is thank goodness for co-sleeping. It did mean great things for my supply becuase I continued to pump regularly during in the day as well as the breast feeding at night so I got more than enough

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my siggy
September 10th, 2011, 12:34 PM
caitbeans's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to caitbeans
she knows what she likes

\
September 11th, 2011, 11:43 AM
-erin-'s Avatar Co-Host of the May2010 PR
8oz while she's away from you for 6-7 hours is plenty... especially if she's nursing often with you. Kellymom recommends about 1oz/hour you're away from baby since from 1 month - 6 months the average intake over 24 hours is 25oz. My DD got 12oz per day and she was away from me 11 hours. She would nurse with me 4 times a day - before work, after work, before bed, and middle of the night. Eventually (months after I went back to work) she started getting up more at night, but I don't think she was taking in much by nursing at those times.

September 11th, 2011, 04:38 PM
Happy Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by caitbeans View Post
she knows what she likes
aint' that the truth!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -erin- View Post
8oz while she's away from you for 6-7 hours is plenty... especially if she's nursing often with you. Kellymom recommends about 1oz/hour you're away from baby since from 1 month - 6 months the average intake over 24 hours is 25oz. My DD got 12oz per day and she was away from me 11 hours. She would nurse with me 4 times a day - before work, after work, before bed, and middle of the night. Eventually (months after I went back to work) she started getting up more at night, but I don't think she was taking in much by nursing at those times.
that makes sense. it was just a shocker when you go from not quantifying it in ounces to all of a sudden looking at ounces.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search