How many oz?

Forum: Pumping Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By brightmommy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pumping Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 2nd, 2012, 03:48 AM
katiep726's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How many oz does your LO drink a day if you work full time?

I'm gone approx 10 hours and DS has been drinking 15 oz. he nurses twice before I leave and 2-3 times after I get home before we go to bed around 9. He sleeps 7-8 hours. Does this sound like enough?

I've been leaving 5- 3 oz bottles and both my mom and mil say he still acts hungry when he gets done. But yet they haven't had to use any of my freezer stash yet? I don't know exactly cause I'm not here. I know in the past when I've given him 4 oz he spits up a lot more. Three seemed to work.

I just don't want to feel like I'm starving him.

Thank you Vicki... For the adorable siggy!
February 2nd, 2012, 07:50 AM
brightmommy's Avatar Veteran
Maddie always still acts hungry after she gets a bottle, even though I know it is enough. It's because they are use to nursing for longer and they get it from the bottle faster and with less work. We just give Maddie her paci for a few minutes after so she gets to suck more and she is fine after that. We use to try to give her more and she would just spit it back up also because it was too much. I would give him something to suck on for a couple of minutes or try to distract him. If he's still hungry in 20 -30 min. then I would give him some more.
cbassett likes this.

February 2nd, 2012, 06:04 PM
JustLiz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was away from Des from 7:30 am to 6:30 pm every day, and he usually took 12 oz - 3 bottles with 4 oz each. It was the same from when he was 5 months until now (11 months). Daycare never complained that he was hungry, but then again, they never really communicated well with me. He seems to have survived though. He still nursed a lot overnight in the beginning (3-4 times in addition to an evening and a morning nursing session), but more recently was down to 1-2 awakenings per night (four nursing sessions per day total in addition to the 3 bottles at daycare). Good luck!!

Thank you Vicki!

February 2nd, 2012, 06:23 PM
-erin-'s Avatar Co-Host of the May2010 PR
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightmommy View Post
Maddie always still acts hungry after she gets a bottle, even though I know it is enough. It's because they are use to nursing for longer and they get it from the bottle faster and with less work. We just give Maddie her paci for a few minutes after so she gets to suck more and she is fine after that. We use to try to give her more and she would just spit it back up also because it was too much. I would give him something to suck on for a couple of minutes or try to distract him. If he's still hungry in 20 -30 min. then I would give him some more.
That's how my DD was. She would eat for as long as she was being offered anything. I sent 12oz and was away from her for 11 hours. She nursed before work, after work, before bed, and at least once at night. She got that amount from 3 months - 9 months, then I cut it back a little bit since she was taking in more solids. My MIL watched her at their house and I didn't give her any extra. I knew Juliet wouldn't starve on 12oz a day and if there was ever an emergency (there never was) I would have left work to get her.

February 3rd, 2012, 04:43 PM
katiep726's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This makes me feel better. I've told them about the whole timing thing and he's really not used to bottles but they keep bringing it up. It's kinda irritating me. I talked to DH about it as he watches him alone a couple days a week and he said to keep doing what I'm doing so that makes me feel better too.

He has been pretty fussy this week. It's my first back. You think he'll eventually adjust? DH is havig a hard time!

Thank you Vicki... For the adorable siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search