2nd pump?

Forum: Pumping Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pumping Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 1st, 2012, 06:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'll be starting work in a couple weeks and will be pumping 3x/day. I have a Medela PIS that I plan to leave at work so I want to buy another for home. I want a double electric, but I wont be pumping often so it doesn't have to be great---just good enough. I don't want to spend a lot. I saw a miPump at Target for $70 and that looked good to me. I read some good reviews and some not so good.
Does anyone have any experiences with that one? Or any of the other lower price options?
June 3rd, 2012, 08:14 PM
Rae-of-Sunshine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am no help. I had a Medela PIS and loved it, but I lugged it back and forth to work until last week, when I finally stopped pumping at work

Psalm 139:9-10
]
June 3rd, 2012, 08:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rae-of-Sunshine View Post
I am no help. I had a Medela PIS and loved it, but I lugged it back and forth to work until last week, when I finally stopped pumping at work
That's what I did for DS. But this time I have either a longer walk from my parking lot to my office, or I will be riding the bus, and the pump plus my regular work bag(s) will make it a tough journey! I should just put it all in a rolling suitcase.
June 4th, 2012, 03:56 PM
promises1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have the miPump and it works great for me. I did have trouble with the motor on my first unit but I called customer service and they sent me out a brand new one right way. I use it only my work days, so only 9 x's per week.

They have a $10 off coupon right now Target Coupons

June 5th, 2012, 06:27 PM
Veteran
I have the miPump. I bought it from a friend who never used it. The motor went out and another friend of mine actually had the same one. She wasn't able to pump and gave me hers. It has acted up a few times but is still working so far. If I have to buy another one, it won't be this kind. Hope this helps!
June 10th, 2012, 11:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I bought it. I haven't tried it, but I'm skeptical. It obviously was not designed with working mommies in mine. The packaging warns you MUST boil the valves for 3 minutes after every use. Yeah, right. A woman at work can do that 3 times a day.

I didn't intend for it to be my work pump, and when I use it at home I probably won't boil them every time. But I think this merits a complaint to the company.
June 22nd, 2012, 06:40 AM
mrs_zipre's Avatar Loving my life!
I don't have any experience with that pump, but I can definitely see the benefits of having a pump at work and a pump at home. There are definitely days when I feel so frazzled I would forget my car keys if they weren't required to start my car. Good luck with your decision.

June 22nd, 2012, 10:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I did buy it. I have only used it once so i can't review it quite yet. But there is one strange thing. The bottles/shields are attached to a bar so you can hold them with one hand. But they are a fixed width apart, which is too wide for my breasts. I have to tunr them in a bit, and i feel like that compromises the suction.

By the way, I am writing this from a phone, while pumping at work! Using my pump in style.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search