Newbie Here

Forum: Pumping Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pumping Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 9th, 2012, 03:47 PM
xceptionalchic4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to xceptionalchic4 Send a message via Yahoo to xceptionalchic4
Hi My name is Dominique. I am a first time pumping mom. I have two children. A six year old boy and an almost three week old girl. I didnt breatfeed or pump with my son and I am trying to do it with her. As of right now she's only had breastmilk with the exception of the first couple of days when i gave her a little formula because I didnt feel like she was getting enough. My question is how often should I pump. As of right now I pump every 2-3 hours because i dont want my suppy to dry out and i just fill bottles. ( I dont nurse because she wont take it directly from my breast) but i pump like crazy to make sure she's getting brestmilk even if its from a bottles. when i pump i get anywhere from 2 -4 oz per breast. rght now the bottles are building, so i was wondering? should I pump like I do now or should I spread out the pumping sessions?

July 9th, 2012, 05:15 PM
mrs_zipre's Avatar Loving my life!
Hi Dominique!
Welcome to the world of pumping. It sounds like you have a great supply! I would continue pumping as you are and start freezing some if you have more than you will use within a couple days.The breast milk freezer pouches work great. I have been exclusively pumping for 3 weeks and have seen my supply dip multiple times. Keep it up and you will be successful.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search