What brand pump do you have?

Forum: Pumping Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rebelmommy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pumping Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 30th, 2013, 08:09 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What brand in your pump? Have you used any other pump, or just that one? Would you recommend it to a friend?

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

June 4th, 2013, 03:28 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have a Medela Pump in Style Advanced, and it's the Metro Bag style. I like it...it has not failed me yet, and I'm on kid #2. I like the model I have, because the pump itself can be taken out of the bag, so I can carry it in a less conspicuous bag if I wanted to. I definitely recommend the Medela PISA. The only other one I've used is the one at the hospital (Medela something...). It was fine, too.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

June 5th, 2013, 11:53 AM
Rebelmommy's Avatar Mommy to controlled chaos
I have a medela Pump in Style Advanced and love it. Like you said I really like that the pump can be removed from the bag and placed in another bag if I want to I pump exclusively every 3 hours for the past 4 months and so far so good
Missa_Mae likes this.
Talon
(12/05/05) Creighton (01/31/13) (05/02/14)

June 6th, 2013, 10:17 AM
Missa_Mae's Avatar First Time Mommy!
I have a Medela Pump in Style too and I love it - have been exclusively pumping with it for the past 7ish weeks, had a Playtex Embrace before that and that pump worked but I am getting much more milk with my PIS.

Co-Host of the April 2013 Playroom

June 18th, 2013, 07:38 AM
juleeannk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to juleeannk
I owned a Medela PIS and then Hygeia Enjoye and hands down Hygeia was the best!!
June 19th, 2013, 07:32 AM
I have an Ameda Purely Yours (insurance covered a pump and sent me this one instead of Medela). I have the Evenflo hand pump. I am not super impressed with either. I bought new flanges for the Amdea and my nipples still hurt. The Evenflo pump takes forever.
June 19th, 2013, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltemp45 View Post
I have an Ameda Purely Yours (insurance covered a pump and sent me this one instead of Medela). I have the Evenflo hand pump. I am not super impressed with either. I bought new flanges for the Amdea and my nipples still hurt. The Evenflo pump takes forever.

I know, I am so upset with insurance companies right now. I am a private practice lactation consultant and I rent and sell pumps and other supplies and the insurance companies are trying to buck the system every way they can. We have had plenty of moms who "fell through" the cracks because of their loopholes. They are offering coverage of low quality pumps and not allowing appropriate suppliers to become in network. I encourage you to contact your insurance company and complain. It's not an easy process, but more complaints equal change. If you complain enough, they may even give you a better pump. If it's something that you are interested in pursuing, I can write a letter to explain to them why the purely yours is not an acceptable plump for exclusive pumping. Just let me know! We have had so many moms who could not afford to come out of pocket for pumps and when they received crappy pumps (or manual) and needed to get something better, they weren't able to afford it, so I started selling pumps to them on a rent to own basis to combat the problem.
June 19th, 2013, 10:14 AM
Rebelmommy's Avatar Mommy to controlled chaos
Quote:
Originally Posted by juleeannk View Post
I know, I am so upset with insurance companies right now. I am a private practice lactation consultant and I rent and sell pumps and other supplies and the insurance companies are trying to buck the system every way they can. We have had plenty of moms who "fell through" the cracks because of their loopholes. They are offering coverage of low quality pumps and not allowing appropriate suppliers to become in network. I encourage you to contact your insurance company and complain. It's not an easy process, but more complaints equal change. If you complain enough, they may even give you a better pump. If it's something that you are interested in pursuing, I can write a letter to explain to them why the purely yours is not an acceptable plump for exclusive pumping. Just let me know! We have had so many moms who could not afford to come out of pocket for pumps and when they received crappy pumps (or manual) and needed to get something better, they weren't able to afford it, so I started selling pumps to them on a rent to own basis to combat the problem.
I have to say I agree with them trying to get around things via loopholes. I have EXCELLENT insurance, and they cover EVERYTHING and gave me no issue when it came to a pump.. however, the 2 suppliers they listed were out of stock.. even our hospital didn't have one I could purchase, finally they let me order one from Walgrens and on top of it they only reimbursed the purchase (even if I had gotten it from the hospital or supplier) so I had to come up with the money for the Medela PIS up front, and while I will be the first to say it was well worth the price for the ability to exclusively pump with a pump that suits my needs, I am also going to say that Thankfully we had some money set aside for other things otherwise I would not have been able to get one as the $290.00 I paid for it would have normally been out of our range for an immediate purchase and I would have had to save for it
Talon
(12/05/05) Creighton (01/31/13) (05/02/14)

June 24th, 2013, 06:50 PM
Juleeannk- thank you so much for the information. I have felt like I need to give up pumping by the time I go back to work. I checked Target and Babies R Us and none have the bag to carry the Purely yours pump. I guess i could throw it in any bag, but it would be nice if these things could be ready and also come with different flanges etc. I ended up buying a bigger size flange, but really it's a guessing game because no one really knows what size of flange works until they try them out.
June 26th, 2013, 03:18 AM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
I have a I have a Medela Pump in Style Advanced and works fine for me. I have not used any other kinds so I have nothing to compare it too but so far I don't have any issues with it.

I found out when our insurance renews July 1st our insurance policy will cover pumps but since I needed one sooner I just bought one. I'm glad just spent the money because from the sounds of it, the ones from the insurance companies aren't that great and it's such a hassle to deal with going through the insurance company. I figure its worth the price compared to formula.

Forever missing my angel 2010

June 26th, 2013, 05:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueeyes25s View Post
I have a I have a Medela Pump in Style Advanced and works fine for me. I have not used any other kinds so I have nothing to compare it too but so far I don't have any issues with it.

I found out when our insurance renews July 1st our insurance policy will cover pumps but since I needed one sooner I just bought one. I'm glad just spent the money because from the sounds of it, the ones from the insurance companies aren't that great and it's such a hassle to deal with going through the insurance company. I figure its worth the price compared to formula.
You should still get one from insurance, having a back up is always nice, or you might know someone who needs one. If you get with a good DME, they will do all the insurance work for you. Let me know if you want help with that!
July 30th, 2013, 10:46 AM
I had the Ameda and loved it. Never had any issues. I chose it over the Medela bc I read that the medela can get mold in the tubing from condensation and it really freaked me out!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search