Working and pumping

Forum: Pumping Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pumping Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 30th, 2013, 09:13 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Have you seen this website?

Breastfeeding for Working Mothers

It's got some good info!

Anyone have good tips for working and pumping?

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

June 6th, 2013, 11:24 AM
Missa_Mae's Avatar First Time Mommy!
Thanks for sharing ... it's a great site!

Co-Host of the April 2013 Playroom

June 26th, 2013, 04:12 AM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
Thanks for sharing. How often do you all pump at works and for how long? I'm finding it hard to fit in 3 sessions. Mostly my pumping session in the afternoon is hard to fit in and it takes so much time. It's such a PIA but I know it's worth it.

Forever missing my angel 2010

June 27th, 2013, 06:03 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I struggled to find time to pump last time. What I did was pump in the car on the way to work (I have a 25-30 min commute), pump at lunch, and pump on the drive home. And if I could find the time, I'd hand express some, since it didn't take as long and I didn't have to drag out the pump. It wasn't ideal, though, and eventually my supply suffered. I'm hoping for a better experience this time--my work environment is better now, and hopefully more conducive to pumping more often. I still plan to pump on my commute to & from. And when I don't have time for a full pumping session, hand expressing some is better than nothing.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

July 30th, 2013, 11:44 AM
I struggled with supply while working because I never had time to pump. I was running an office with constant interruptions-mostly from clients. Pumping in the car was the only time I got!
July 31st, 2013, 09:11 AM
Platinum Supermommy
i pumped anywhere from 1-3 times a day. in the beginning i REALLY tried to do 3 times a day, but i would say the majority of the time i was only able to do it twice. i have the same schedule everyday, but i couldnt determine day to day how busy i'd be. i did struggle to keep up with her day to day needs...luckily, though, around 6 months or so, she started eating solids and she went on a bottle strike shortly after. I guess what little amounts she was getting in solids was enough to hold her over until i was with her in the afternoon & she was able to nurse. I continued pumping, but it was a lot less stressful, because i wasnt concerned with how much i was pumping daily. i ended up donating most of what i pumped from 7-12 months.

Oh, and i found that site super helpful when i was pumping/working
April 15th, 2014, 10:33 AM
I always tried to feed before I left for work, pump at lunch and then feed as soon as I got home in the late afternoon
April 16th, 2014, 09:24 AM
rachelc0's Avatar 2 sons, 4 angel babies
i am very lucky to have an incredibly supportive boss who would let me take as much time as needed to pump. so when i was pumping, i did it three times a day, for atleast twenty minutes at a time, and i tried to space it out every three hours or so.
06/09/2014 - Stillborn @ 39wks 6days
08/09/2014 - Miscarriage @ 5wks
09/03/2014 - Chemical Pregnancy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search