Pumping and BFing

Forum: Pumping Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pumping Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 20th, 2013, 02:04 AM
Maenfayne's Avatar Veteran
How do you go about it? LO eats every 2 hours consistently. I'd like to be able to pump so I have a bottle when we go out or when I'm gone and his dad/grammie/etc has him. We were out at the store today and stayed out an extra hour because I fed him twice. Had I had a bottle or two, I could have fed him while shopping. Anyway... Right now it seems like I pump and then he instantly wants to feed. I tried to offer my breasts after and he nursed for a while but wasn't satisfied. So I gave him what I pumped bit now I don't have anything to take with me. How should I go about this? Feed him then pump? Try to pump when he's not needing to feed? It shouldn't be so hard lol

10.03.13 8lbs 11oz 21 inches
Excuse my typos, there is either a baby on my boob or sleeping in my arms

Thank you *sharon* for my adorable siggy

October 20th, 2013, 12:13 PM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
Feed him then pump. You probably won't get much at first but if you are consistent and keep pumping after the same feeding each day you will start to get more bc your body will realize you need more at that time. What worked for me was pumping right after his first morning feed every day. Just pick a time of day that you know you'll be home and pump after that feed every day!

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!
October 20th, 2013, 03:14 PM
Maenfayne's Avatar Veteran
So just after one feeding per day not all? That sounds perfectly doable

10.03.13 8lbs 11oz 21 inches
Excuse my typos, there is either a baby on my boob or sleeping in my arms

Thank you *sharon* for my adorable siggy

October 23rd, 2013, 05:33 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What a lot of ladies do is pump after (or even during--pumping the opposite side while baby is eating) the early morning feeding. That's when your supply is at its best. That should help you build up some stash. I did that, and I also hand-expressed here and there between feedings. It didn't take as much time, so I could do it between feedings/during naps, etc. Now that I'm back at work, I still pump in the early morning, and also while at work a few times. And if I can drag myself up, I'll pump once during the night, or after one night feeding.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search