Why we don't vaccinate (anymore)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Bad Experiences With Vaccines LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 28th, 2008, 07:34 AM
Jewinjuwa's Avatar We walk by faith
I had shared this before, but since deleting my old name I wanted to post it again and leave names out.

A (my oldest) is fully vaccinated only because it never occured to me that my doctor didn't know what was best for us and I had no idea that choosing to wait or not do them at all was an option. It wasn't until I was pregnant with Q that I started considering not vaccinating. My husband and I ended up making all the typical excuses (it's more dangerous not to vaccinate, the risk of something bad happening from the vaccines are low, blah blah blah...) and decided to vaccinate Q. He got the Hep B shot in the hospital and the 2nd round at 2 weeks old and got his 2 month shots, all with "only" a fever and some long naps. Then came his 4 month shots in which he had a pretty high fever and slept for hours at a time, then cried like crazy when he was awake. "It's normal", said the doctor, but I wasn't buying it. Not 2 weeks later he got his first ear infection. Followed by his 2nd ear infection, then his 3rd...he ended up with 5 ear infections in 5 months. He got tubes in on Halloween 2007 at 9 months old and we thought we were going to be out of the sick woods. Not so much. The day of his 2 week tube checkup, he got croup. The croup wasn't even totally gone when he got the flu or something and ended up hospitalized for 2 days. In the hospital I vowed that I would do whatever it took to make sure that my baby stayed healthy, and that's what I've done. He has not had a vaccine since 4 months and will not be getting any more on my watch. We have removed all chemicals from our home and do our best to live a natural, organic lifestyle to keep him as toxin-free as possible.

In May 2008 he was tested for an immune deficiency and the test was abnormal. We will have to see an immunologist to pinpoint the exact deficiency, and honestly, I have no faith in doctors and more faith in keeping him healthy myself. In fact, we managed to keep him healthy for 2 months straight (a miracle, seriously) up until June 2008 when he got another ear infection. We found out at the appointment that his tubes had come out so at the end of July he had another set put in and his adenoid removed.

I truly believe that he was born with a weakened immune system because I was not the healthiest person and the shots just ruined what was left. He couldn't fight off little bugs anymore, much less vaccines. After doing the research that I have done, I really can't see that I will ever believe that the benefits of vaccines outweigh the risks, so neither of my children will have another vaccine.

I also want to say that at about 6 months old Q started exhibiting some "symptoms" of Autism, such as flapping his arms, playing with the wheels on cars in a "trance" state, and more. Since we have removed the chemicals and stopped the vaccines, this has stopped. I am happy to say that my little boy is a normal, mostly healthy toddler and I am thrilled that I was educated enough to stop those things before they turned into something serious.

Today Q is still battling illness after illness. I have now switched pediatricians in hopes of getting more extensive testing done to see if there are more reasons that this keeps happening to him. Currently, he has Bronchiolitis and we found out that his right ear tube is trying to come out, after less than 2 months in. We have to go see our ENT again in 2 weeks and see what we can do.

I will try to keep this post updated and hopefully it will have a happy ending.
December 20th, 2009, 11:52 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Brie
Thanks for sharing your story. I hope Q. does better is is able to re-build his immune system.

Feb. '06 Playroom[/url]
December 20th, 2009, 09:51 PM
Pam
I hope the Q will recover with little or no damage to his hearing.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search