Freja's story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Bad Experiences With Vaccines LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 16th, 2006, 04:56 PM
Platinum Supermommy
First off let me say my mom vax'ed my 5 older brothers no prob, at 2 months I had a HORRIBLE reaction and had 1/2 doses my whole life. My youngest brother is unvax'ed.

___

Freja was born very very healthy on 1/6/04 at 6 lbs 2 oz. Did great. Had her two months shots and had a high fever I was told it was nothing. At 4 months old Freja was rolling over and all kinds of stuff. We went in for her 4 months check. Things looks great! Her weight and height were great, she hadn't been sick in her LIFE! She had her 4 month shots on schedule. Went home. She stayed asleep. 4 hours later I went in to check on her. She was burning up and wouldn't wake up. She was limp, her leg very swollen and red. She wouldn't respond. Things get fuzzy here. I remember screaming over and over again 'SHE won't wake up! SHE won't wake up!!!!' DH called 911 the ambulance came. Loaded Freja up she still wasn't awake, was very very hot.

Freja spent a week in the ICU on all kinds of wires and oxygen. The hospital tried to pass it off as a 'virus' but thankfully out pedi was on top of things. It was the DTaP we're sure of it. I struggled off and on so hard to decide what to do but I did decide. My kids are no longer vax'ed. At 3-5 they'll each have the tetanus shot but that's it. Freja has been delayed her whole life and I really think it's partially due to either the shot itself or HER reaction TO the shot
October 17th, 2006, 07:35 AM
Mom2DyJessAva's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
wow thats soo scary!!!

October 17th, 2006, 12:16 PM
Mommy2Amara&Kayori's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mommy2Amara&Kayori
wow that must have been very scary

Expecting our 3rd bundle of joy!

September 25th, 2007, 11:40 AM
Platinum Supermommy
!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic