Aidan's reaction

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Bad Experiences With Vaccines LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 17th, 2006, 05:36 PM
crunchymama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My oldest son is completely vax'd to the 1997 schedule and Ashlie got all her vaccines except for Hep B MMR and chicken pox. I really started looking into them when Ashlie was about 9 or 10 months old because I was worried about the MMR. By the time Aidan was born I knew he was not recieving all those vaccines and defintly not all at once. My Dr and I agreed to a delayed schedule. I took the schedule fomr Stephanie Caves book and modified it a little. I could spread it out more since I wasn't worried about daycare or anything.
So at almost 3 months Aidan got his first round pf DtaP and polio. Within days he was a very sick boy and within the week he was in the hopital with what I was told was most likly RSV even though the test came back negative. His oxygen level upon admission was in the low to mid 90's i believe it is required to be above 98. It was so diificult for him to breath that he couldn't cry it was just a deep throated rasp that would come out. It reminded me of my mother in the last days she was alive. It was so incrediably scary. we were lucky and Aidan responded to the steriods he was given in the hospital and after 6 or 7 hours we were able to go home with a whole barage of antibiotics, steriods and a nebulizer. It took him about a month to recover but the first week was hell. I slept in 10 minute shifts becuase I was so scared he would stop breathing and even those 10 minutes weren't real sleep. I never even thought that it had anything to do with his vaccines/ It just wasn't of the reactions I expected ot maybe I just didn't think it would actually happen to me. So I brought him for his 4 month shots which i think was again DTaP and polio and within 3 days he was again having breathing issues and back on his nebulizer three times a day and steriods. This time he also started with eczema not nearly as bad as I have seen some kids have it but there were days when his skin would tear open and bleed esp in his diaper area. Still I didn't think in my head this is because of the vaccines. Even though I was pretty well read on the subject and knew that vaccines weren't as safe as they were potrayed. It was so deeply run into my head that vaccines were safe and needed that I never even thought it might be casued by them. They do a good job of brain washing us.
The next round of shot weren't until 9 months so I had a while in between to see him without breathing issues or any of the other respitory problems we had been dealing with. The eczema stuck around though.
His 9 month shot s came and he recieved DTaP and I believe prevnar. Once again with days he was back on the nebulizer. It finally clicked. It was his vaccines causing the porblems. I stopped giving him the vaccines he is three now and we have had two repsitory issues since. Once when he meet a neighbors little dog, a collie, I think. He had an actaul asthma attack soI assume he is allergic to those long haired dogs and once when he got a really bad cold that turned into bronchitis.

He does have a very weak immune system he catches everything and I absolutly believe that is in part due to his reaction to the vaccines.
October 17th, 2006, 06:26 PM
Mommy2Amara&Kayori's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mommy2Amara&Kayori
I am glad to here that he is doing better now that he has stopped getting shots. That would be very scary. I probably would not have realized it was from the shots at first either.

Expecting our 3rd bundle of joy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search