our vaccine story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Bad Experiences With Vaccines LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 26th, 2007, 03:20 AM
Veteran
my daughter had a seizure due to a dtp shot when she was 6 months old. I didn't know much about vaccine risks at the time, but sure wish I would have. We didn't know the two could be related, we were told she seized due to being partially anemic (which she is not anemic by the way, she is 11 1/2 now). 8 months later our son, who was 12 weeks at the time, went in for routine vaccinations / well check. he got his dtp that day. Michael was running a slight fever, I asked the dr. if it was still ok for him to get shots, they said it was fine. His appointment was at 11:20 am, we probably left the office around 12:45 or so. My son died at 2:24 pm. His death is listed as SIDS. I have since started believing SIDS is a catch all phrase for many types of death in infants after meeting many MANY parents who have the same story relating to a DTP shot being administered within the 72 hours before their 3-4 month olds death.

we did vaccine our youngest daughter, who was born three years after Michaels death. She did not however get any until she was 5, zero, zip. We weren't able to get an exemption for her (unbelievable!) This baby we aren't sure if we are delaying until 4-5 years or just not doing seeing as we are homeschooling now and won't need them for school entry.
May 28th, 2007, 05:27 PM
Mommy2Amara&Kayori's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mommy2Amara&Kayori
How terrible, I am so sorry you had to go through this. (((HUGS)))

I too think that SIDS is just a catch all phrase for many types of death in infants

Expecting our 3rd bundle of joy!

June 19th, 2007, 06:47 PM
mylittlemonsters's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to mylittlemonsters
I am so sorry for your lose, I bet he was beautiful. I can't believe that you can't get a medical exemption. Then again that would be admitting that the vaccine may be responsible and drs. don't like to do that.
SIDS is what they call a death that they have no other cause for, a death they can't explain, but isn't foul play. I hate the term SIDS, it is used way too often. There is no known cause, no known cure, nothing. Our country has one of the highest SIDS rates, and vaccine rates, but we aren't 'allowed' to link the two...stupid in my opinion. I think there are more cases like your son's that were labeled SIDS, I am truly sorry for all families that have had to lose a loved one, especially a baby or child.

I wanted to give you this link, because you can get an exemption if you want it. http://www.nvic.org/state-site/Kansas.htm In Kansas, there are both medical and religious exemptions.
September 25th, 2007, 11:35 AM
Platinum Supermommy

I was just lurking here and read this story! I am SO sorry for your loss! That is so tragic...

October 24th, 2007, 01:47 AM
MrsPil's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My heart is absolutely breaking reading this, I am so sorry for your loss. If you don't mind my asking, have you contacted VAERS to see if you could get his death relabeled as a vaccine reaction?
"I trust birth—not birth attendants—for if you only trust birth that is attended then you really don't trust birth at all. You trust the attendant. And then you start over. Who? Doctor, surgeon, CNM, CPM, SIM? And it goes on and on...." - Carla Hartley
"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Gandhi
"What good fortune for those in power that people do not think." - Adolph Hitler

December 12th, 2007, 08:47 PM
Regular
I am so sorry. I have a cousin who is autistic due to vax....

It is so sad how many families and children are affected by them, and how modern medicine just looks the other way.

I also agree that sids is often just the catchall. They have to write something down, this is the easy one I guess.

June 22nd, 2008, 06:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Mommytwostinkers Send a message via Yahoo to Mommytwostinkers
Quote:
my daughter had a seizure due to a dtp shot when she was 6 months old. I didn't know much about vaccine risks at the time, but sure wish I would have. We didn't know the two could be related, we were told she seized due to being partially anemic (which she is not anemic by the way, she is 11 1/2 now). 8 months later our son, who was 12 weeks at the time, went in for routine vaccinations / well check. he got his dtp that day. Michael was running a slight fever, I asked the dr. if it was still ok for him to get shots, they said it was fine. His appointment was at 11:20 am, we probably left the office around 12:45 or so. My son died at 2:24 pm. His death is listed as SIDS. I have since started believing SIDS is a catch all phrase for many types of death in infants after meeting many MANY parents who have the same story relating to a DTP shot being administered within the 72 hours before their 3-4 month olds death.

we did vaccine our youngest daughter, who was born three years after Michaels death. She did not however get any until she was 5, zero, zip. We weren't able to get an exemption for her (unbelievable!) This baby we aren't sure if we are delaying until 4-5 years or just not doing seeing as we are homeschooling now and won't need them for school entry.[/b]

WOW! Did they report it? It was obviously related to vaccines if it was not 3 hrs later. DUH! I am so sorry! This is why I am seriously considering not giving Hope (3 month old) her DTaP/MMR...
It makes alot of sence though. SIDS being a "cover" for vaccine deaths. They say its most common between 3-4 months old..How ironic kids get the 2nd set of shots between 3-4 months old....

I am so sorry for your loss.

</div><div align="center"></div>
September 15th, 2008, 07:19 AM
Regular
Quote:

we did vaccine our youngest daughter, who was born three years after Michaels death. She did not however get any until she was 5, zero, zip. We weren't able to get an exemption for her (unbelievable!) This baby we aren't sure if we are delaying until 4-5 years or just not doing seeing as we are homeschooling now and won't need them for school entry.[/b]
That really horrific and terrible! I would try and sue or get something out of that. When it comes to infants/children in America I'm learning that "doctors" aren't really best. The things they do drives me nuts!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search