Austin's Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Bad Experiences With Vaccines LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 2nd, 2007, 01:34 PM
Super Mommy
We took our healthy 6 month old in for his Well Baby Visit on 10/16. He got his shots at about 6pm. I didn't know enough at that time to question the doctor. We just went with the shots he said we should get. After each shot session we give Tylonol every 4 hours to keep the fevers away. At 8:30am on 10/17 I found Austin having a seizure in bed. I called 911 and we were taken to our local hospital. They tried to say it was from a fever but when they took his temp. it was normal. While we were in that ER he had 2 more seizures. They questioned us if he had been shaken or dropped. We said no and they did a CT-Scan just to make sure. It came back fine as we knew it would. They sent us to MPLS Children's Hospital. While there he had an EKG, MRI, Spinal tap, and 24 hour video EEG. All the testing came back normal. The first Dr. said right away it was from the Pertussis Vaccine. Austin had a total of 5 seizures on 10/17. Other doctor's we saw wouldn't admitt it was from the shots. They said there is no way to know forsure but I know!

10 days passed with no seizures but then he had 2 petite mals. We go to the Neurologist on 11/8. I am also e-mailing back & fourth with a Pedi Homopath to see if they can help. I wished I would have researched into vax's a long time ago. I feel so guilty that I did this to my baby. He will not get any more vaccinations! I am just praying that there are no long term problems!

November 2nd, 2007, 02:15 PM
Mommy2Amara&Kayori's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mommy2Amara&Kayori
How scary. I hope the Neurologist and Pedi Homopath can help. I am glad you got atleast one doctor to admit what had happened.

Try not to beat yourself up. Most people don't even know they have a choice about vaxing.

Keep us updated, and start posting with us if you would like.

(((HUGS)))

Expecting our 3rd bundle of joy!

November 5th, 2007, 06:56 PM
Mom2DyJessAva's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
im sorry this is happening to your son and what he has been through..i agree with the other post. dont beat yourself over it..I glad you got one doctor to tell the truth..

November 5th, 2007, 07:48 PM
Platinum Supermommy
wow! i'm so sorry! I'm glad its opened up your eyes, but with it didn't happen that way!

April 25th, 2011, 08:08 PM
Motherx3's Avatar <3
That's horrible!! I'm glad that one doctor is backing you up on the cause of the seizures, I hope everything turns out okay!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search