Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Bad Experiences With Vaccines LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 7th, 2008, 07:53 AM
Tofu Bacon
I have decide to remove this post because I've come to feel that this experience shouldn't be used to influence anyone's choices but my own.

Last edited by Tofu Bacon; January 27th, 2011 at 01:46 PM. Reason: Added an update
March 11th, 2008, 06:09 PM
Mommy2Amara&Kayori's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mommy2Amara&Kayori
Thanks for sharing your story Cori. I am sorry you had to go through all of that. Have you had him evaluated yet? (((HUGS)))

Expecting our 3rd bundle of joy!

March 13th, 2008, 05:33 PM
Tofu Bacon
His evaluation is scheduled for 4/29...
March 16th, 2008, 06:50 PM
(.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.)
Cori.. you've told me snippets here and there.. It's just so heartbreaking reading your entire experience. For what it's worth, you, Tarabeth (a girl who started in my playroom) and Brandy (a fellow Albertan who gave me the number to my doula) are people in my life that made me really look into vaccines and the whole story. (It's been 7 months but I finally have peace about this subject.) So I guess I'm trying to tell you and the other posters in the subforum, your stories have likely saved lives by changing parents minds about vaccinations before having the shots. For that I'm eternally grateful.
March 18th, 2008, 08:44 PM
Tofu Bacon
I have been spilling my guts so much on JM lately . Between the vax ordeal, the unnecessary c-section and the brush with Babywise...I feel like the poster mom for why we should have to pass a written exam before procreating .
March 19th, 2008, 08:49 PM
(.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.)
March 22nd, 2008, 06:45 PM
Mommy2Amara&Kayori's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mommy2Amara&Kayori
LOL

Expecting our 3rd bundle of joy!

June 25th, 2008, 08:04 AM
Snakes-n-Snails
I just saw this and read it. How scary to have lived through. You are one strong mama to your kiddos!
August 22nd, 2008, 06:33 PM
Joni927's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Your son's story sounds so much like my little brother's story

Thank you so much, Jessica "dettmer26", for the beautiful siggie!

</div>
August 26th, 2008, 10:32 PM
xoxopearlyxoxo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to xoxopearlyxoxo
I just wanted to tell you that through my researching im doing your story and all of your links posted you have made a huge impact on the way i think.

x's 7
August 30th, 2008, 09:32 AM
crunchymama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
(**ETA: I just remembered something odd that happened right around this time! Ds had been sleeping through the night since 8 weeks old, but then out of nowhere he started waking up every single night, crying for hours. After a couple of months it dwindled down to one night-waking, but it was nearly a year before he started sleeping straight through. We had always figured it was teething, but it suddenly hit me that it started within a day or two of his 12 month visit[/b]
Have you read Just a Little Prick? I am pretty sure that a lot of the mother's stories in that book say that same thing. I can't remember for sure if it was in reference to the MMR or just in general but I do remember hearing a lot of " around that time my son/daughter stopped sleeping through the night".
November 11th, 2008, 11:18 PM
Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy Send a message via MSN to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy Send a message via Yahoo to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy
Thanks for sharing.

June 16th, 2009, 10:22 AM
Katy Moore's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just started my research on vaccines (DD is 2 1/2 weeks old, so far hasn't had any shots at all), and reading this just about made up my mind! The doctors attitude as you described it is exactly what I delt with through my pregnancy and birth. I'm going to have DH read this and I know our minds will be set! I still have lots of research to do, but now I'm pretty certain we're not going to vaccinate. Thank you for sharing your story, and I'm sorry to hear about you learning this the hard way. :/

Check out my boutique! Baby Bottom Boutique

May 23rd, 2010, 08:55 PM
Tofu Bacon
Just wanted to post a little update on ds
July 10th, 2010, 04:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
wow i hadnt read this til now but the diarrhea/food tolerances is exactly what happened to my son and why we stopped vaccinating!
September 7th, 2010, 10:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks sooo much for sharing your story! i have decided not to vax our next baby and have not had my dd vax since she was 6month , i actually felt pressure at her 6months too , i know i could of said no but went thru , but luckily she is in good health. but no vax for her she will be 1yr in 10/12 and she will not be getting vax

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search