Marshall Jacob Schaeffer

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To C/S Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 4th, 2008, 02:15 PM
heathernoel's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
<div align="center">Marshall's Life Story</div>

Marshall was born March 30, 2008. He will forever be 3.35 ounces, and 6 1/2 inches long. He will forever look like a cherub, the spit and image of his father. His feet were so tiny they'd fit on your thumbnail, and his little hand fit perfectly on your index finger print.

We couldn't find his heartbeat at our 19 week appt. I knew, just knew, something wasn't right. The dr. thought he was just hiding, but a mother knows. The next day, we went for an u/s. The moment the wand hit my womb, we knew it wasn't good. He was quiet...head bowed, arms folded in position. Our Lord had already taken him home.

We checked into the hospital Saturday morning. I cried...no, BEGGED Joe to take me home. NOOOOO! Don't make me walk into L & D. But my head overruled my heart, and soon, I was in a room, gowned, and bawling. We were induced with a cervadil type tablet in my uterus. I thought I could endure the physical labor...after all, it was my punishment for not carrying him to term. Instead, I was given Staydol because I couldn't rest, and I was terribly upset.

My water broke at four in the morning. We smiled for a second, then remembered what that meant. At 5:02, I felt the urge to push, and delivered the most beautiful boy God has put forth on this earth. We still didn't know it was a boy. The nurses took him back and cleaned him up, then came to prepare us for what we were going to see. Perfection. That's what we saw.

I had a rough time after that, and experienced more pain than anyone should have to feel when in labor. But, it was and is my cross to bear, and I lived through it.

We said goodbye to Marshall on Monday. Arrangements were made, and we brought him home on Wednesday.

Marshall will forever remain my first son. My pride, my love.

April 4th, 2008, 02:27 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
Beautiful story, and beautiful son!
April 4th, 2008, 03:57 PM
MrsStuartD's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That was so beautiful Heather. He is so sweet. His cute little feet. I'm so happy you had that time with him and that you were able to take photos and preserve his memory. He will be remembered.

Thanks Nicole (MommaDucks) for my new & awesome siggy.
April 4th, 2008, 05:53 PM
SamuelsMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That was a beautiful story for a beautiful little boy. Thanks so much for sharing Marshall with us through the story and through the pictures.

April 4th, 2008, 06:29 PM
Thank you for taking the time to learn about him...I don't want anyone to forget him.
April 4th, 2008, 06:30 PM
Regular
Thanks for sharing and the pics,im so sorry for your loss this is every pregnant womens worst nightmare, after i joined this site and have been reading stories i realized that this thing happens more than i ever thought they did,its so sad it doesnt seem fair, did they have any idea what happened to him?
April 4th, 2008, 06:35 PM
Thank you.

No, we don't know what happened. It's only been a few days, so pathology isn't back on whatever part of the placenta they were able to recover through my subsequent D&C. He passed away a few weeks before I was induced, according to their measurements. But Joe and I have our doubts...our babies are always small...our biggest was just over 5 pounds full term...the other two were 4 pounders...16 inches. So we don't really know when he passed away.
April 5th, 2008, 06:58 PM
ldovey83's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow your story really touched me.. You are a strong woman and I don't know why you would even say that the pain was your fault for not carrying him to term.... You did nothing wrong hunny God needed him.. You are definitely in my thoughts and prayers and thankyou for sharing your story... He is beautiful and you are right he was perfect..... to you and your family...
April 6th, 2008, 06:28 PM
ProudMomof2Boys416's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to ProudMomof2Boys416 Send a message via Yahoo to ProudMomof2Boys416
Oh Heather, he is absotlutly adorable!. Thank you so much for sharing your story!!. You are a VERY VERY strong woman!

Aiden John
January 4, 2007
12:05pm
8lbs 11oz 21.25 Inches
Caleb Michael
February 16, 2009
10:31am
9lbs 5oz 21 Inches

April 6th, 2008, 07:48 PM
Coffee_Bean's Avatar Cuz I got it like that!
Send a message via Yahoo to Coffee_Bean
He is beautiful!

Thank you so much for
sharing Marshall with us.

Patiently TTC#2

M/C April 2012
M/C August 2012
M/C March 2013
M/C January 2014
April 7th, 2008, 04:16 PM
NovaMom's Avatar Super Mommy
Heather, I just came back to the boards today and read Marshall's birth story and it's absolutely beautiful. My heart and prayers go out to you and your family. On Marshall's behalf, we'll be lighting a candle tonight.
April 7th, 2008, 04:24 PM
Kendra, that means the world to me. Thank you, from Joe and I.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search