Madison Caitlynn Anne's Birth Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To C/S Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 23rd, 2008, 12:57 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi Ladies.. I really hope that you do not mind me posting in here

I had some complications during the pregnancy with Maddy... I had a mild case of Pre-Ec. (sorry at the moment can't remember how to spell it ..lol..) Had to do the 24 hr urine test ( imagine seeing a preggo woman carrying her urine in a BIG jug...I did have it covered up with a big bag.. but anyways still embarrassing) Anyways... Madison was my 7th pregnancy.. 2 of them ended in m/c .. So when we found out we were expecting Maddy I was THRILLED!!! But scared through the entire pregnancy.. Was worried that we would lose her also.. BUT happily we didn't I gained over 40lbs during pregnancy.. My doc didn't really say much.. They only wanted me to gain like 15-20 lbs etc etc.. So I went WAY over that amount.. lmao.. You should have seen me... I looked like I swallowed 2 watermelons!!!! Ok.. Maybe 3.. At 5 months I looked like I was 7 months.. LOL.. Ok enough of that part I guess.. better get onto the birth which still haunts me to this day..

I started having pains around 3:30 pm on March 6th... I didn't really think anything of it.. I was BIG so I just thought my back was hurting from the weight I had gained.. LOL.. You would figure after having 3 children that I would know.. but Nope I didn't. I guess I was having a brain fart or something.. anyways.. I started cooking through the pains.. And I was arguing with my family about being in labor.. Well THEY were ALL right.. darnit!!!! I was in labor.. lol.. I started timing them around 8:30 that night.. they were maybe 20-30 min. apart..Around 12:30 on March 7th I decided to take a shower.. I didn't wanna go to the Hospital all stinky and all.. KWIM??? I even SHAVED my legs.. lmfao.. Didn't want the doc to see my hairy legs and all.. Yeah, I know.. I'm strange.. He had seen everything else.. what does hairy legs have anything to do with it.. but I guess I'm just one of those people ... So I woke DH up, called my Mom and Dad and told them I think that I'm in labor and need to go to the hospital.. DH was all in panic mode.. It was funny.. So my parents came and picked up the kids and we headed to the Hospital.. I still didn't think I was in labor, figured they would send me home.. Well to my surprise I was dilated to 4!!!!!! I'm also one of those types that do NOT dilate well.. With my other 3 they had to induce me... Ok back to story.. sorry that I am rambling.. I will get it together soon... lol... Madison decided to be stubborn and would not drop like she was suppose to.. and darnit I was still dilating good for a change!!!! (Also one of those that takes HOURS to deliver the baby) Fastforward a few hours .. My water breaks, It was a FLOOD!!!!! And when I say flood I mean a MAJOR flood.. lol... I surprised the delivery nurse with how much fluid there was... I apologized I don't know how many times...Well Madison was still high up, so they put the bed down flat... The delivery nurse decided to check me, she was worried about the cord coming out with her being so high up... Luckily she did.. coz the cord was out!!! The nurse called the code .. before I knew what was happening I had a room full of people and also my doc..Then off to OR I went.. The nurse had to keep Madison from laying on the cord.. So there I go down the hallway with the nurse between the legs.... They say u lose all modesty with pregnancy and man are they right...
They got me in the OR.. stuck me with a pin to make sure I was numb... Strapped me down... etc etc.. It took the doc over 2 min. to get Madison out.. When my water broke she floated up and turned breech and got stuck.. I had 2 grown men bouncing on me to get her down and out.. Finally it worked.. They also had to give me a blood transfusion on the table... When Madison was born.. she was NOT moving, breathing or anything!!!!!! I remember seeing 3-4 nurses taking her out... They blocked me so I couldn't see her.. I knew something was wrong since I didn't hear her cry.. I told someone to KNOCK ME OUT!!! DH was out in the hallway, he wasn't allowed in since it was an emergency... Madison was born on March 7, 2006 at 8:56am... weighed 8lbs 11oz. was 21 1/4 inches long. I didn't get to see her or hold on until 7:30 that night.. I also had to have 3-4 units of blood. On the outside its a regular incision.. on the inside its a upside down T..My doc told me if I get pregnant again I will have to have another c/s.. I just hope that its a better experience than that one..

BUT everything ended well.. She is a happy 2yr. toddler.. that is spoiled rotten.. lol.. Sorry Ladies that this was so long. Thank you for reading. Bless every single one of you!!!!!

June 27th, 2009, 10:23 PM
Deena's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oooooomg... That's crazy... I'm so glad your babies growing all happy and healthy!!!!

Our boy, James!! Born February 18, 2006!! xoxoxoxox

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search