jolenas c section birth story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To C/S Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 6th, 2008, 01:22 PM
Regular
we got the hospital at 5:30 in the morning i was so scared that i didnt sleep at all that night,i just stayed up cleaning and getting ready,we went in and they took me to my room and we unpacked and put my snacks and drinks in the fridge, and then they made me put on a gown and put in a iv and were going to shave me but i had already done that,they put the baby monitor on my stomach and told me they would be getting me about 7:00, oh yea and they also put the things on my legs thats kept pumping up,

my room was all ready for baby which was pretty exciting,they had her bed and papper for her footprints etc.. there ready for her, but i was also very nervous and scared, i had my mom and dad,husband and motherinlaw and both my other children there,i made everyone gather around my bed and pray about 6:45 and then my husband dressed in his scrubs,

the most emotional part was when they came and got me at 7:00 they unlocked my bed and as they wheeled me out i told everyone i loved them, and i started crying while they pushed me down the hall, we went throught these dorrs and into not the operating room but where everything takes place,it was a room right across from the operating room that they took me in and gave me 2 bags of ivs and i got to talk to the anthesiat and my doctor,everyone around was in good spirits, nurses and docs that walked by would say i see someones haveing a baby today!

after that they wheeled me across to the operating room which was suppriseling very small, they had me hop over onto the table and get ready for my spinal they stuck me 7 times trying to get the spinal in! 2 different doctors tried it and they sent for another doctor that had 50 years of experience and he could not do it either! i wiegh 250 pounds so i thought mabye that was the problem but they said they do it on poeple 5 and 600 pounds, that the just didnt know what was wrong with my spine! i was so upset!! they tried for one hour and finally my doc said thats was it that we had been poking on me long enough and i had no choice but to be given general anthesia, they tried the epederal needle also and that didnt work, i asked them could my husband come in first and they said sure,they layed me on the table and took off my gown and started tying my hands and put a catherter in, thats how my husband found me when he came in,the doctor explained to him that he couldnt be in the room but he came over and gave me hug and they made him leave, i felt horrible laying there totally naked and everyone in the room was men but one nurse! there was 2 men anthesiast and my doctor and the doctors helper which was all men and then one women nurse, anyway after they layed me down that was it they told me to relax and i was gone within a couple seconds

after i woke up i felt horrible i was very druged up the nurse told me i must have been moaning or somethin in recovery casue they really gave me allot of medicines and plus the anthesia keeps you sleepy a while, they took me straight to my room with my family and baby but i unfortuanlty i couldnt hold my eyes open for more than seconds at a time without falling asleep and then when i did open my eyes i couldnt see,everything was black and blurry and i couldnt focus! so it was about 4 hours after i had been bought to my room that i was able to see and hold my baby,

she was 7 pounds 6 ounces and healthy!! i have great pics i wanted to post but for some reason when i try it just brings up some sorta llink that doesnt open anything! right before they put me to sleep i asked the doc if he would atleast get some pics for me and they really did a good job! they took close up pics of every step of the surgery and everything they did to baby afterwards! if i ever figure it out i will post them,

other than having to be put to sleep the whole experience turned out to be wonderful everyone in the operating room was very nice and wonderful and i had a healthly baby girl! which is something ive never had both my other children had to stay in the hospital over a week with complications,one of them had to go to another hospital to nicu after my emergancy c section, i know i made the right decision and are happy i did a repeat c section!

later that night they took the things off my legs that kept pumping up i hated those!! they made me hot! and got me to walk and i was able to order anything off the menue and i was hungry so i ate like a pig! and early the next morning they took my catherater out, the pain and soreness afterwards was worser for me the second time around,the nurse said that was normal because my stomach muscle were not what they use to be and usally with every c section its a little worse.
August 6th, 2008, 07:29 PM
LilSunshine's Avatar ♥ Super Moderator ♥
Those don't seem to work for me.

September 2009 @ 6 weeks May 2011 @ 11 weeks
August 8th, 2008, 09:01 AM
MrsStuartD's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
These are the cesarean birth pics. I added them for Jennifer since she was having trouble adding them through her browser.

Thanks Nicole (MommaDucks) for my new & awesome siggy.
August 8th, 2008, 09:34 AM
SamuelsMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats Jennifer! Great pics! Did a nurse take them for you? I'm sorry that you had to knocked out but I'm glad that everyone is healthy and safe!

August 8th, 2008, 02:10 PM
Christy72
Congrats. Sorry to hear about the issues with the spinal though.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search