the birth of Thea Anne

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To C/S Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 7th, 2008, 09:33 AM
kalis's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i am kristi, 26, and my boyfriend is justin, 29 as of yesterday. i had four miscarriages before getting pregnant with Thea. because of my history and being high-risk (i was on blood thinners during pregnancy) i was scheduled to be induced on August 5th 2008 at 38 weeks.
i had a ob appointment on the 4th and i had my weekly NST. baby wa okay but i was having contractions every two minutes and i didn't realize it. i was dilated past a 3 and 80% effaced. so they sent me to L&D. i went home for a couple of hours first and went to the hospital about 3:30pm. i got hooked up to the monitors. at 5:30pm the doctor checked me and i was 4.5 cm dilated. he broke my water by inserting the internal monitors to track baby and my contractions better. then i stopped progressing. by 10pm i was starting to get uncomfortable, cx still 2mins apart lasting fro about a minute and a half. at around midnight they decided to start pitocin to help things. i asked for an epidural since i would be on pitocin and i was getting tired (i had wanted a natural birth - not meant to be). then the baby's heart rate started droping during every contraction. they had me change positions and nothing helped. they stopped the pit. i had progressed to a 6 by 1:30am and the baby had come further down but the hearet rate kept getting worse. it was awful.
the nurses called my doctor back in and by 3am they decided to do a c-section.
i had never even thought of the chance that could happen. but at the time, i was so worried about my baby that it didn't even phase me. i was ready to stop worrying every contraction and get my baby here safe.
Thea Anne was born at 4:22am on August 5 2008 weighting 6 pounds 4 ounces and she was 19.5 inches long. the cord was wrapped around her neck which was what has been causing the stress on her. especially as she moved further down it was being pulled tighter. so i was glad i already had the epi & was ready to go when they decided to do surgery. and i am so tahnkful everything turned out okay. recovery hasn't been as difficult as i imagined (not that it was easy either) - i just had to keep reminding to take it easier the first week or two.
so that is how my baby was born.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search