My C-section birth story.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To C/S Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 18th, 2009, 10:22 AM
ETanny's Avatar Mamma 2 Moo & Pops
Send a message via MSN to ETanny
It starts when i am around 30 weeks pregnant. I go for a glucose tollerents test, While they are taking mesurements my bump is mesuring at around 36 weeks, they ask me to come back the following week for a scan so they can check the baby and see if there was a reason my bump was so big.
I come back a week later and i have this scan - turns out i have polyhydramniosis (an exsess of amnotic water around my uterus) they tell me that my waters could break at any time and that once my waters go thats it baby will follow straight after so any signs of my waters going i need to come in asap! And i was to go back every week for scans/vitals etc to make sure baby dosent get to big.
Fast forward till a week past my due date. I look like a balloon, My doctor is surpised i have gone this far as he kept saying from 36 weeks i wouldnt be pregnant by next week
He sheduals an induction although he insitits i should not need it as there is no way on this earth i would still be pregnant.
Anyway, the week comes and goes and still no baby. We ended up going to my mums for tea before we went into the hospital as it was there anniversiary
*Here is a picture of me at my mums about an hour before i went into hospital bump mesuring around 45cm at this point, i could hardly walk*

So we get to the hospital for 6pm, They do an internal, my cirvix is still closed, baby head isnt engaged and i wasnt dilated, they dont waste time as start on the pitocin, I get nothing but a few mild AF cramps. At around half 1am we decided its best if we get some sleep as its going to be a long winded thing. Just as i start getting comftable i felt something snap inside, it was such a strange sensation, but i rememberd my mum saying your waters breaking feels like that so i woke gary up and told him i think my waters have broke. He came over to the bed and as i stood up i just felt this huge gush of water...I thought, Oooh this is it, My baby will be here any time now - after the midwives came and examined me all that had changed from earlier is that my waters broke...That was it for the night.
At 8am i got a second lot of pitocin and was told if this dosent work i will be put on an IV that will work!! As you probally guessed the 2nd lot of pitocin never worked so i got put on the IV.
I started getting really bad stomach cramps and was given pethidine to ease the pain, 4 hours later i was given an internal and still nothing had progressed. By this time Mia was showing signs of distress and my temp was getting highter and higher. They decided to try me till midnight with the IV. At midnight nothing had changed, I was getting sicker due to my temp rising and they needed to get the baby out of me.
Once papers where signed it was nearly half 2 in the morning, Everyone was tierd, As we made our way to the operating theater I was starting to worry.

As i sat on the edge of the table waiting for the surgon and doctors to give me the epi for the surgry it seemed like hours. Once they arrived they tried for nearly 45 mins to get it in but couldnt due to swelling in my back, So i was put to sleep, under local asethetic.
Baby Mia Jane was born 3.18am on the 27th October 2007 by emergency c-section. Weighing 8lbs 8oz (tiny when i was told she was going to be a 12lber!) 51cm long. I was gutted Gary couldnt be there but was so relived to have my baby happy and healthly.

Sorry its long, but thats what happend during my birth

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search