Angelica Noel NCB turned c section

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To C/S Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 19th, 2009, 10:32 AM
ShesaDreamer's Avatar If Only. If Only <3
My birth story really starts on Thursday evening when my SIL came up for the weekend. She has been taking care of her terminally ill mother and hasn't been able to get away much and we were joking about me having the baby so that she could see her because she didn't know when she would be back down. That and I was telling everyone that I wouldn't make it to my induction date and that before the week was over that she would be here...I just had a feeling.

That being said this is my story.

It started at about 2:30 am on Friday morning...I woke up with a horrid headache...I thought it was just a migraine but DH wanted me to check my BP it was up a little but nothing horrid but I still couldn't go back to sleep. I laid in bed or on the couch trying to feel better. Until about 4 am when I started throwing up. I was sooo sick...I couldn't even keep water down and that is when DH and Corina my SIL got worried. I had a BP check at my DR's office that morning anyway so I just toughed it out until 8 am. Corina went with me incase I was put back in the hospital. I got there and the nurse asked if I was feeling ok and I told her I had been sick since about 2:30. She got me back and took my pressure and she pumped the cuff up 3 times before she said "Oh my gosh" thats when I knew it wasn't good....my BP was 177/110 and thats with the 1000mg of bp meds I was on everyday. She said "Let me dip your urine then call Dr. Evans" (Friday is her oncall day at the hospital she isn't in the office) After she dipped my urine she came back out and said go straight to the hospital and I'll tell Dr. Evans your on your way.

Well when I got to the hospital they hooked me up and my BP wasn't nearly as high as it was at the office but I was dipping 4+ protein in my urine so they told me that I had severe pre eclampsia and hooked me up to the magnesium and fluids.And all I can say is Magneisium SUCKS...I was so hot...I felt like I was on fire!

Then Dr. Evans came in and said that even at 36.5 weeks baby was better on the outside and she was going to induce me. Well she checked my cervix...nothing...no dilation or effacement. But she told the nurse she didn't want the cervadil. She told me that my pelvis was designed oddly and that my cervix was off to the side and baby was still floating up high and that She could try a induction but that I would probably need a section because baby probably wouldn't fit through. So I said ok but can I call my husband. She told me that they could wait until he got here and he already knew I was in the hospital so I figured that he wouldn't be long....so while we we're waiting for him I was calling other family...while I was on the phone with my step mom my BP shot up to 150/100 and the nurse said "You need to tell your husband to get here NOW" So I called him and he was still about 30 minutes away and trying his hardest. But the next thing I know there are surgical nurses putting the catheter in and shaving my belly and all that stuff and my SIL said that if he dosen't make it I'll come in with you. Well I got the spinal and they got everything ready and they started cutting before my SIL got in there! But they brought her in and just a few minutes later I heard the DR say " Lots of Hair" then we hear her start to cry...that was the best sound I have ever heard. My Sil went with the nurse to take her to the nursery and they finished stiching me up.

Now here is the funny part....while I'm in having the section DH is driving like a mad man to make it on time. He is in his truck with the emergency flashers on going 80 in a 50...Past a cop!!! And Summersville prides itself at being the worlds largest speed trap...there is even a billboard sign...Then when he gets to the hospital he can't find a parking spot...so he just plows his truck in the mud at the end of the lot and takes off running through the parking lot and nearly gets run over by my Mom as she is driving in and she told me later that she has never seen a man run that fast in work boots. Well he runs into the hospital and down to L&D leaving a trail of mud and coal dirt and bursts through the door hollering "Where's she at?" At that was the exact point when my SIL was walking back and taking her scrubs off and she told him that he was too late that the baby was already here.She said that his face dropped and he looked so sad because he wanted to be with me so much but he was the first person to go see baby Angelica.She was under the oxygen tent so he couldn't hold her but he got to be the first to touch her and see her.

And there it is...my interesting birth story....

DD A:3 Autism, Global Developmental Delays

April 20th, 2009, 10:14 AM
Generally Crispy
Congratulations on the arrival of your little princess!
May 25th, 2009, 10:50 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Congrats again.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search