Gunnar Christian via C-Section....

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To C/S Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 17th, 2009, 12:22 PM
gsmommy03's Avatar Regular
I was due Sept. 11, 2003. Went to the hospital to be induced on the 9th. They put me on pitocin and I did have contractions. It was horrible back labor. On the 11th my water broke. Then finally on the 12th after 40 HOURS of labor and only getting to 3 cm they decided on a c-section. Gunnar Christian was born at 5:50 pm on Sept. 12. He weighed 9 lbs 4 oz and was 22 1/2 in long. I'm planning on getting another c-section with this baby since I had such a hard labor with my son and only getting a few cm dilated. So I'm looking for a lot smoother birthing experience this time around....
July 17th, 2009, 02:15 PM
TheOtherMichelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome! I'm Michelle and I had a c-section in 2007 because my dd tried to come out ear first.

If you want a smoother birthing experience, don't discount a vbac! From your info it sounds like you would be a good candidate. Inducing often leads to rough labors and c-sections, because your body isn't ready to have the baby yet. If you're interested, there's a vbac board to check out.

When are you due?

July 17th, 2009, 02:17 PM
Welcome! I'm Michelle and I had a c-section in 2007 because my dd tried to come out ear first.

If you want a smoother birthing experience, don't discount a vbac! From your info it sounds like you would be a good candidate. Inducing often leads to rough labors and c-sections, because your body isn't ready to have the baby yet. If you're interested, there's a vbac board to check out.

When are you due?

July 17th, 2009, 07:19 PM
gsmommy03's Avatar Regular
What exactly is a vbac? I figured I'd end up with one, my mother had 3 of them. I'm due Feb. 9th.

July 19th, 2009, 02:09 PM
It stands for Vaginal Birth After Cesarean. Usually refers to someone only having had one c-section. VBA2C refers to two c-sections, VBA3C after three c-sections. HBAC stands for Homebirth After Cesarean.

Here's the link to the forum if you are interested: VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean - JustMommies Message Boards

A lot of doctors will say that once you've had a c-section you always have to have one, but it's not always the case. There are risks either way you go, but depending on your type of incision and closing, and various other factors, it can be very safe. The best thing to do is to educate yourself about both and go from there. Hope to see you on the vbac board!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search