Connor Kinley's birth story...first time mom

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To C/S Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 24th, 2009, 12:11 PM
babymine's Avatar Veteran
At 38 weeks doctors felt he was measuring pretty big. They took a U/S and approximately weighed 8lbs and 12 oz at that time. Fearing he would just be bigger in the next 2 weeks and not wanting me to have to endure a hard labr and end up with an emergency c-section...we went ahead and scheduled.

This was hard news for me because the thought of a c-section hadnt even crossed my mind. I cried all the way home. And for two days. After much prayer, I finally felt a peace about it and was ready to go though. The day before my csection, his actual due date, there was still no sign that little Connor was planning on gracing us with his presence anytime soon. Not even dialated one cm! No labor pain! No contractions. Nothing.

Doctors told us to be at the hospital at 5am (geez!) for a 7:00 surgery. They took me back, gowned me up, pu IVs in, and waited some more. They wheeled me into the operating room and then came time for the spinal block. Not even half as scary as what i had built it up in my head. I sorta just went into another place, determined to stay calm. Soon my husband was by my side and they draped me up. I kept thinking when will they be starting (i imagined the dramatic command "scapel!"). I asked and they said they had already started! I remeber feeling cold and wanting blankets around my shoulders and I felt a little nautious. My husband stood up to see but was immediately told to take a seat (so they wouldnt have to worry about picking him up off the operating room floor). Moments later, 7:59 am.....he was in the doctors arms at 9lbs and 12 oz. Every nurse who would come into my room would look at him and then at me and say "you did have a c-section right?"

My DH left with little Connor and the docs started sewing me back up. I could remember them talking about Britney Spears and I thought they kept talking to me. I kept asking Huh? huh? I felt like I was in a tunnel. When they moved me to a hospital bed to wheel me to recovery, I panicked because I thought I was falling. (still in this hazy state of being)....I barely remember recovery. I remember hearing a baby cry and asking the nurse, "I wonder if thats my baby?" She assured me it was. I dont even remember being taken to my room. Recovery went ok. Slow moving but 2 days after the surgery i was walking around by myself without any assistance.

I just found out im preggo with #2 and the doc had told me previously I would be a c-section momma the second time around as well.
December 13th, 2009, 02:11 PM
Veteran
That is a good positive story! As I am planning to have an elective C. So is the spinal block different than the epidural? And it made you feel a little loopy?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search