3 C-sections

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To C/S Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 29th, 2010, 02:16 AM
-Jen-'s Avatar Veteran
Hi ..my name is Jenny (35)..from WI and I guess I'll get on with my story

The year 1995 and I'm 20yos ..21 Oct 16th..anyway it was my 1st baby and my EDD was May 5th. Well I wound up going into labor on my due date sorta. I woke up really early in the morning on the 6th. My first thought was hmm my uterus feels heavy. Well as the day progressed so did my labor slowly. I just got more and more uncomfortable trying to get comfortable even sitting. We were up at his mom's house, I was inside, while he did some outside work. I went into the bathroom at one point to pee, wiped and realized I was losing my mucus plug. So I told him let's go to my mom's, I think we're having a baby today.

Got to my mom's and sat around for a bit waiting for her to get home. Mom got home and said go to the hospital lol. So we did, and they hooked me up and watched me progress slowly thru the night of the 6th. I was in and out of the whirlpool bath in my room. They broke my waters to try and get me to labor faster. Gave me a shot with some sleeping medicine in it so I could try and get some rest b/t contractions. Off and on hubby and a nurse are rubbing my back til it was too sore to.

Then in the AM of the 7th, after all that work, they decided to send me back to mom's at 3cms dilated. All day and all night thru the 7th I had contractions at my mom's. Ones that came in my hips. Not once did I have stomach or back ones. That night me, hubby, lil sis, lil bro were all hanging in sis's room. Everyone passed out eventually except me. I was almost in tears I wanted to sleep too so bad. The morning of the 8th my mom said go back to the hospital, so we did.

All thru the day of the 8th they hooked me up to machines and checked my progress. 7cms was the last I heard before my dr. came in about 7pm and said I think we're gonna have to do a c/s. I was soooo tired by then I was def. in agreement and almost begging for the c/s. As I laid on the operating table and they were preparing to put me out. all I could think about was yes I finally get to sleep lol

Waking up was hard I couldn't see yet but could hear them telling me I'd had a girl. On the way to my room I was like wow my belly really hurts. Back in my room the nurse was trying to get me to hold Nicole but I was so tired still. I saw all my fam. and his fam. there then I passed out to sleep.

Recovery was alright altho painful. So for the next 7yrs I was scared to have to go thru all that labor again. Then I thought well maybe just maybe they'll just give me another c/s.

2002 my doc decided he'd do another c/s. I was so glad I was almost shaking his hand lol ..since the 1st had been an emer. with the classical vertical cut he didn't want me to risk uterine rupture.

I was gonna be awake this time. Most everything went fine til the Anth. came to talk to me. I was so nervous I was shaking from head to toe. He said I was making him nervous. In the OR it took 45mins to do the spinal. They had me have both feet on the table, sitting up, but my one foot was so numb I was almost in tears. He said one more try for the spinal and if he couldn't do it they'd put me out. Well I put my one foot down off the table to get some life back in it and the spinal went in.

It was almost surreal hearing Paige's 1st cry..after that everything else went pretty good.

5yrs later I thought well if the spinal goes well a 2nd time maybe I can have my perfect c-section.

2007. The spinal went in great this time even tho I'd been so nervous again I was shaking from head to toe just b4 they wheeled me in, even more seeing all those scissors. I had diff. drs. this time, cuz the one that delivered my 1st 2 retired as an OB. It seemed to take my new drs. forever to get started and forever to finish and they were talking about what they were doing instead of golf like my 1st drs. Which was making me more nervous I could feel myself still shaking a bit even tho I was numb from the chest down. It musta took longer than expected cuz I felt the last few stitches, boy did that hurt. Recovery was ok but a bit more diff. cuz I guess I'd lost a lot of blood. Dr wanted to do a transfusion but I asked if it was absolutely needed and if I could get my iron up by myself. Took awhile but I did it. I probably woulda felt better with a transfusion tho, going home I felt so run down and tired til I got my iron back up.

Aside from the c/s troubles all 3 of my girls got quite attached to me. My teenager not so much now lol. My 8yo still likes to be close a lil and Jaiden well she cries outside the bathroom if I sneak in and lock the door to have the bathroom to myself for once lol

This year I'm scared to death of my upcomming c/s in Sept. but I'm hoping for once maybe everything will go smoothly as it'll also be my last. I'm having my tubes done with this one. I'm too scared to put myself thru anymore surgeries and we were pretty happy with 3 altho 4 will be great too.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search