Kaia Leilani birth story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To C/S Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 25th, 2007, 07:27 PM
Minilegs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
All month of December I was dealing with a chest cold/infection and slowly climbing blood pressure and continuous swelling. I was pretty much miserable by Christmas and felt like another month of waiting would be the end of me...haha For those Christians out there, you know what I'm talking about when I say I heard a "still small voice" tell me to check my blood pressure Christmas night. I didn't feel any different that day, we had a very nice day with family and friends, and I didn't feel light headed or anything majorly different physically...

My sis has a cuff so she checked on both arms and my pressure was sky high. We checked again and it was still bad. Hubby and I decided to go to the hospital to get it checked "just to make sure". We were both laid back about it and not stressed. We got to L & D and everything was quiet and I don't think there was another woman there at the time even. I told them the deal and they checked my pressure, blood and urine. About 20 minutes later the nurse barreled in and said "we can't get your pressure down, even on your left side and your liver enzymes are high, and you are extemely anemic. You have to have your baby tonight." My due date is January 30th mind you, and my husband and I stand at attention.

Nurse puts a catheter in right away, puts the Cervadil in, and tells me I'm very sick and monitors me and the baby. Five hours later, same nurse barrels in and tells me they can't get any of the numbers to get better and that I have to have an emergency C. The Dr. is already there and they are getting ready. I was like HOLD ON! My mind was racing, thinking I planned nothing during this pregnancy because I knew things happened that were out of my control, baby is so early I have nothing ready for her at home, and I have never had surgery in my life and am scared out of my mind. They told me there was no other way because the pre eclampsia was gonna make me seize or have a stroke. In less than an hour I was put in a room, had surgery and had a beautiful little girl that I got to see only moments of. They "knocked" me out after her birth because I started to feel like I was on fire. Next day, I was surprised that I didn't feel worse and didn't ask for much medicine. The nurses were surprised. They were getting ready to take the catheter out and get me up and around and I started bleeding from my incision. That was scary! They told me they couldn't stop the bleeding and I had to go in to surgery again. Needless to say, I wasn't happy. I only got to see my baby once or twice in a two day span and I wanted to nurse, so I was very upset. I had two surgeries in about a 24 hour period, found out I had pneumonia and yet, I was at peace and I had no other major complications. I was very blessed in many ways and she is WORTH every second...

Thanks for reading and sorry if it was confusing, if you read it all...haha

Melanie

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search