Welcoming John and Liam into the world

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To C/S Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 12th, 2007, 05:02 PM
Regular
I had a great pregnancy, only one weird food craving (a lemon at 2 in the morning when I was), unfortunately I put on 40 kilos (I was 65kg to begin with) and ended up being 4ft round (pregnant with twins will do that to you). I went in for my 37wk check up and the did an ultra sound to see whether my boys were head down like they should be, unfortunately John (who would have been coming out first) was lying across the opening and the doc said their would not be enough room for him to turn around so they had to book me in for a c-sect. The doc then called to arrange it and told me the only time they had available was the next day. This kinda freaked me out a little as I was only 20 and the idea of having 'kids for the weekend' (i was having them on a thursday) was a little scary.
The next day I went in and they got me prepped for it, they were all really nice and I felt comfortable and in good hands. Then I had to sit on the operating table and they said to bend down and put my shoulders as close to my knees as I could so they could have better access to my spine, this cracked me up because at 4ft round the minute I sit down, that's as close as my shoulders will ever get to my knees. So there I was, sitting there, laughing and practically naked (those surgical gowns do not leave much to the imagination) while they gave me the needle, it was definately a weird feeling when you can feel your body is there but can't move it. They lay me down and ran an ice cube up my side to find out where I was numb to, it worked really well because I couldn't feel the ice until my arm pits. The only bad bit was I felt sick because my blood pressure dropped, they did give me something for it but it didn't seem to help much, so I had my eyes shut (felt less sick that way) until thy said here's your first boy (6pound 2) and held him up for me and Jase (their dad and my man) and I reached over the sheet and touched him and then the same thing for Liam (5pound 10).
I didn't get to see John for the 4hrs because he was in special care as he was having trouble breathing. Then I spent the first 8 or so hours taking turns holding my boys and then passing them back so I could vomit (charming I know). I had to spend 5 days in hospital because of my blood pressure and the boys both had trouble regulating their temperature and John had jaundice, he had a bili blanket on for most of the time.
My only problems now are that my stomach muscles didn't heal properly, the top half of the muscles joined in a peak and the bottom half have never been joined together (I have always been able to touch my insides by putting my hand in between them) so I need and operation to fix them. The only thing is that the docs have said if I get pregnant again, the muscles will do the same thing so I am at odds whether to waste the time getting them fixed because I would love more children.

Overall I really had a good experience, I was a bit worried about having to pop two heads out from down there but I also feel sad (but very grateful) that I didn't get to experience what labour or giving birth felt like. Maybe I will when I'm pregnant with the next one, I'll probably end up begging for a c-sect!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search