2 c-sections

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To C/S Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 19th, 2007, 08:05 AM
mom2my3boyz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mom2my3boyz Send a message via Yahoo to mom2my3boyz
Quinn's Birth Story
I went into the hospital to be induced on 12/7/03. I was induced at 39 weeks due to GD. I started having contractions shortly after they put in the Cervidil. The next morning they started Pitocin. I had really painful contractions, one on top of another, for 14 hours. My water broke on its own after about 10 hours, right before the doctor was going to break it. I never dilated past 2 cm. I was FINALLY able to get an epidural around 4 p.m. on 12/8/03. I was exhausted by that point. My doctor said we needed to talk about doing a c-section but I could wait a few hours if I wanted to. I was going to wait, but right before he was going to leave the hospital I told the nurse I wanted to do it now. It was a good thing I decided on that too as my uterus is heart shaped and Quinn's ear was against my cervix. I gave birth around 7 p.m. Quinn weighed 8 lbs. 1/4 oz. I was totally out of it during the surgery and afterwards. I looked like I was drugged. My eyes were totally bloodshot and I felt like I was just going to fall asleep. By the next morning I felt slightly better, but my incision hurt like heck! I had to take a shower which just about killed me. I walked around with a pillow against me for the next 2 days. About a week later I felt much better and, although my incision was still a little sore, I was able to get around much better. I didn't have any problems with recovery.

Gavyn & Kendric's Birth Story
I started having shooting pains at the location of my old incision. I went to L&D on 9/14/05 where they did an ultrasound. Nothing showed up, but the doc said uterine ruptures don't always show up on ultrasound. I started feeling better after getting fluids so they sent me home. I went to lunch with a friend and our kids on 9/15/05. At lunch I started having pain again. I called my OB and he said to go to L&D. I thought they were going to monitor me again. When I got there the nurse said, "Are you ready for this?" I was just thinking, "OMG! I'm not ready for this!" Things went pretty quickly. They prepped me for surgery within 30 minutes. We had to wait for the OR. I ended up going in around 8:30. I got a spinal (which was MUCH better than the epidural!). I was nervous the whole time because I knew there was a good chance the boys would end up in the NICU. I was 35 weeks, 5 days. Gavyn came out first at 9:00 p.m. followed by Kendric at 9:02 p.m. I heard crying which I knew was a good sign. I didn't realize that Gavyn wasn't breathing. They got him breathing before I even realized what was going on. Thank goodness! I saw both boys for a split second before they went to the nursery. Gavyn weighed 6 lbs. 3 oz. and Kendric was 5 lbs. 2 oz. Both boys were perfectly healthy and roomed in with me for our 4 day hospital stay. I had very little pain during recovery. I was up cleaning my room the next morning! I was also able to eat solids the next morning. My only problem was a recurrent yeast infection at the incision site. But that was manageable.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search