Bride to Be of the Week

Forum: Wedding Planning

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Wedding Planning LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 16th, 2008, 06:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Shannon is our Bride to be of the week!!
Ask Away!

heres a blinkie you can use:

November 16th, 2008, 09:26 AM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
okay!

I'm here... ask away girls!

November 16th, 2008, 11:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
how did you meet DF?

Did you get your dress?

Was it hard to find one?

How many reception halls did you look at?

What color are your bridesmaids wearing?

November 16th, 2008, 06:41 PM
how did you meet DF? We both went to the same highschool. When I was a freshmen I'd walk home from school with my then boyfriend and he'd be at the back gate hanging out. Everyday he'd call me by some random girl name "hey ashley.. hey jen... etc." and everyday my boyfriend would ask who that guy was and I'd honestly tell him I had no idea. Fast fordward to the next year and we're both at a local show and the doorman was drawing penis' on people's hands to mark that they had paid. I have a pic in one of my scrapbooks of me and Ben that's captioned "me and some random guy" We kept running into one another over the years... eventually wound up with similar groups of friends and got together.

Did you get your dress? I have!

Was it hard to find one? Absolutely! I went to... 7 different shops? I figured a big white dress wouldn't be flattering and therefore easier to narrow down. Turns out, I was wrong... pretty much everything I tried on looked great! I actually had several threads on WTTC with pics asking the girls what they thought.

How many reception halls did you look at? Just one. That wasn't something we ever even thought twice about. It's near where we live, and near the Church we're getting married in... and is basically more than we could have ever hope for. It rocks!

What color are your bridesmaids wearing? Fuchsia

This is fun!

November 17th, 2008, 05:27 PM
Chea.Mo's Avatar The Exception
When you were a little girl and you imagined your wedding, are you now planning it how you imagined it?

How did you DF propose?

Is your DF taking part in alot of the planning?

How many people are on your guest list?

Who is in your wedding party?

Did you also pick out what your DF and his side would be wearing?

What does your ring look like?

Have you picked out your hairstyle for the big day?
<3
The future has some big shoes for you to fill,
though you may not remember these moments;
Mommy always will
November 17th, 2008, 06:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
are you going to be walking down the aisle to the traditional "here comes the bride"?

Are you gonna see DF before the ceremony?

Whats song is your first dance going to be to?

November 17th, 2008, 09:32 PM
When you were a little girl and you imagined your wedding, are you now planning it how you imagined it? Absolutely!

How did you DF propose? Man, I feel like I've typed this out a billion times and every time the story gets shorter and shorter because I get lazy! DF knows I'm crazy about $ and did a very good job mysteriously saving money to pay for my ring in full before he took it home.. like a good boy... haha. Our 'official' anniversary was Christmas, so every year we would try to do something to celebrate it sometime in December so it wouldn't get lost in the shuffle of Christmas. So one Saturday night he told me not to eat when I got off work we would have dinner... so I got off work, came home, he had locked the deadbolt cause he was 'getting ready' and he finally let me in and blindfolded me and took me to the bathroom. I changed into my PJ's and on the counter were some cheapie grocery store bouquet... I love those! They last forever! haha. So I come out and he has the Christmas tree lit and Christmas music playing... and had gone and gotten me this specific type of rose I'd been telling him about that you can only get from one florist. He had ordered chinese food from what we decided was 'our' restaurant a few years prior. Needless to say he did a fantastic job paying attention to all the little details that really made the night so special and meaningful. We ate dinner and he was acting all anxious the whole time. Afterwards he asked if I wanted dessert and I kept saying no... who wants dessert after they just binged on friggin' chinese food? He kept insisting that I did and to close my eyes and he'd get it... so I did. He had gotten me a cookie cake... which was funny b/c all year for every holiday/my birthday etc I had asked for a cookie cake but that never worked out... so he got a Christmas cookie cake and wrote "Merry me?" on it and was down on one knee with the ring. He cried and said a bunch of stuff neither one of us remember, and apparently I just kept saying "Are you fu#%$#%cking serious?!" the whole time... really classy. haha

Is your DF taking part in alot of the planning? Yeah, actually. We had a vendor appointment day where we met with like 6 photogs, the caterer, the baker, the dj, etc. etc. etc. and he's gone to everything.

How many people are on your guest list? UGHH! Too many! We were hoping to keep it around 80. We only sent out STD's to some people and even that list was too long... I haven't even counted the 'final' list... I'm afraid to. haha.

Who is in your wedding party? My bff since we were 15 is my MOH... and then DF's sister who I'm very close with and one of my older sisters are my two bridesmaids. DF's bff is the best man, his brother and our other long-time friend are the groomsmen. One of my nephews will be the ring bearer, and one of my nieces will be the flower girl.

Did you also pick out what your DF and his side would be wearing? We're still working out the details on that. I'm definitely "helping."

What does your ring look like? Which one? I have two e-rings. This is the one he proposed with...
which I love... but we went to ELEVEN jewlers in one day trying to find a wedding band to go with it... and because of that little cut out by the center stone nothing lays flat with it... there's always a really annoying gap there. We didn't want to pay a bunch of $ to have a custom made ring that we may or may not like plus that would look weird if I tried to wear the band only. So, we kept that ring and he bought me another one. I've worn the first one for two years and just started with this new one a couple months ago. We both like it a lot though!

Have you picked out your hairstyle for the big day?
Not totally. I'm thinking I'll probably wear it down. Here is how I'm going to have it for our e-pics... and I'm considering doing it like this for the wedding day too but I'll have to see with the veil, otherwise I'll probably go for half-up/ half-down or something.

are you going to be walking down the aisle to the traditional "here comes the bride"? Most likely. Ben is in charge of the music stuff and we haven't really sat down and figured it all out yet, and even though that's 'typical'... I think hearing that will really make it feel super real while I walk down the aisle... so probably.

Are you gonna see DF before the ceremony?
NOPE! Absolutely not! I think it'll be incredible to walk into a church surrounded by all of our friends and family and have him waiting at the altar for me!

Whats song is your first dance going to be to? "The Wonder of You" by Elvis Presley. We think it's just perfect. It's great for ballroom dancing, it has beautiful loving lyrics, and it's only 2 and a half minutes long so people don't get bored!

Here's the youtube video to hear it...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E924bkJB23A

November 19th, 2008, 12:24 PM
feministwriter
YAY Shannon! This is so fun!

If you could use one word to describe the theme of your wedding, what would it be?

Is your father giving you away?

How poofy is your dress? (hehe)
November 19th, 2008, 03:03 PM
If you could use one word to describe the theme of your wedding, what would it be? I don't know that I could pick one... when we describe it to our vendors we go with "bold, loud and fun"

Is your father giving you away? My dad died in 05 so my step-dad is giving me away.

How poofy is your dress? (hehe) Pretty poofy!

(you guys can ask questions that needs pics, etc. too... I have lots of those as well! haha... don't wanna give em all up at once and just post stuff without people asking in case no one cares haha)

November 19th, 2008, 03:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
i love pics!! so whenever you wanna add a picture - Feel free!! haha

Your hair looks so pretty like that i really like it!!

- are you going to wear a veil?

- are you going to do the garter/boquet toss?

-do you know what your centerpieces are going to look like?

-do you know what your wedding cake will look like?

-did you pick your bridesmaids dresses yet? if so, are they long or short?

Feel free to add pix for any of these if you have hahah

November 20th, 2008, 06:54 AM
Quote:
Your hair looks so pretty like that i really like it!![/b]
Thanks!

November 20th, 2008, 07:01 AM
- are you going to wear a veil? Absolutely! Finger tip length with little crystal/sparkly things on the edges.

- are you going to do the garter/boquet toss? Absolutely! Ben caught the garter at the last wedding we went to, lol.

-do you know what your centerpieces are going to look like? Eh, sort of. We're actually nailing out the centerpieces the weekend after Thanksgiving so we can finally be DONE with that! We've been working with the florist since APRIL! I want to pull my hair out! We met with her, talked about what I liked, and she sent me a quote for $2500! And the centerpieces vases would 'remain property of the florist' so we couldn't even take the dang things home. YEAH RIGHT! That is friggin' INSANE! So we met with her again and only got it down to like $1500. We're still trying to figure things out and I'm really annoyed about it all. This is what I Want --
... here's a close up...

... those are even the right colors! It's just being annoying and I'm kind of apathetic, like, if I can't have what I want... then just put a hurricane globe with a candle in it for all I care. haha, I'm a little bridezilla about these centerpieces I guess. I just think they're different, and gorgeous, and really fit with the bold yet elegant theme...

-do you know what your wedding cake will look like?
Sure do. It's four tiers. The bottom is a yummy yellow cake, the 2nd is a cream chee se chocolate pound (not as heavy as it sounds) the third is a mock layer and the top is the anni cake. It would be white with pink, tangerine & lime polka dots and ribbon around the base. Instead of a topper we're having gerbera daises and some other little flowers from our florist. I'm contemplating changing one of the layers to strawberry cause it's different and matches our color - pink!

-did you pick your bridesmaids dresses yet? if so, are they long or short? Here they are... this color is close, but the one we're going with is fuchsia so its a little darker.

November 22nd, 2008, 05:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
what are your entree choices at your reception?

Are you going to do any line dances at your reception? (electric slide, cotton eyed joe, ymca etc)

What are you doing for your honeymoon?

November 22nd, 2008, 03:07 PM
what are your entree choices at your reception? I can't remember exactly what we had decided, to be honest. We had our taste testing last April. We're having 2 passed apps -- stuffed mushrooms and vegetarian spring rolls. Then we're having 2 salads -- one tossed with all the fixings & another itaian flavored cucumber & tomato salad. We're having garlic mashed potatoes, rolls, and veggies served with a choice of 2 entrees. One is a chicken stuffed with spinach, sun-dried tomatoes and feta cheese topped with this creamy sauce. I don't really like those things but it actually tasted good! The other one ... I'm not positive about. I think we decided on the honey dijon crusted pork loin. DF & I don't like seafood so we decided not to go with those options.

Are you going to do any line dances at your reception? (electric slide, cotton eyed joe, ymca etc) heck yeah! They'll play the YMCA & I'm sure we'll do the electric slide at some point. We told our DJ that all of the good 'dancing' songs are totally welcome... even the cheesy ones... we just want people to have a good time!

What are you doing for your honeymoon? My parents own a condo on the beach in Gulf Shores. So we're going to drive down there the Saturday after our wedding (ours is on Fri.) and stay, and then like 20 minutes away is a port so that Monday we're leaving and goign on a 5 day cruise to Cozumel and some other place in the Carribean, and then when we come back we'll stay another handful of days at my parents condo. It's nice b/c we love the condo, it's so relaxing... so we can go there to just chill out and do all the fun, adventurous, touristy stuff on the cruise. Plus, the condo is free... so we get to have an extra long honeymoon we couldn't otherwise afford!

(I'd love to go to a Sandals though... those places always look incredible!)

November 22nd, 2008, 03:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
is your dress white or ivory?

did you get your shoes? if so, are they comfy?

did you get your DOJ (day of jewelry)?

November 22nd, 2008, 10:08 PM
is your dress white or ivory? diamond white!

did you get your shoes? if so, are they comfy?
I've not

did you get your DOJ (day of jewelry)? not yet... and I'm not good at picking out jewlery so I really don't know. I think I might not wear a necklace b/c the top of the bodice is really shimery. I just don't know!

November 23rd, 2008, 05:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
is your dress white or ivory? diamond white![/b]

Diamond white is SO NICE!
BUT- i tried on a dress in diamond white and i looked way to pale!

i bet you look great!

November 23rd, 2008, 10:24 AM
It's funny cause my mom and I had decided that my skin tone looked best in an ivory or off-white... until I tried on *the* dress and it was diamond white and looked good!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search