How did DF/H Pop the question?

Forum: Wedding Planning

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Wedding Planning LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 5th, 2011, 06:19 AM
*Firefly*'s Avatar Girlfriend and Blogger
Tell us all about DF/H's proposal!
But I’ll be born without a mask
~ Babel, Mumford & Sons

February 6th, 2011, 05:00 PM
Lorena26's Avatar ♥ Gio's Mommy ♥
He came to my job! He knew i would be expecting something so he came to the place i would least expect it! I was working as a substitute teacher at the other subs and i were hanging around in the teachers lounge. It was the first period of the day and the secretary came in saying there was a change in the schedule and that we all needed to follow her. We followed her through guidance (which i found odd, but thought nothing of it) to the asst. principals office. When i turned the corner there he was on one knee with a ring!

February 7th, 2011, 04:28 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
It wasn't romantic at all...but it was memorable. Here's the story that was posted on a local wedding website:

Our engagement came on a day that couldn't have gone any worse. As I drove home from work on a stifling day in July, D called to let me know that he had to work late that evening. Almost immediately after I hung up my phone, my car began sputtering and losing power, just as I went under an overpass, with nowhere to pull over. Panicked, I prayed and begged the car to just make it a little further. Thankfully I made it (barely) to a gas station a few feet ahead. I called D, who then had to come to my rescue. What followed was a tedious journey with D driving my car, and me following close behind in his truck. After pulling over and jump starting my car 3 times, we finally made it to the impound/junk lot where we left my car.

On the ride home I was quite upset with the fact that I had just said goodbye to my first vehicle. Suddenly, D came out and admitted that he really hadn’t planned to work late that night, and that he had really planned to go and pick up a special piece of jewelery that had arrived earlier that day. He knew it wasn’t particularly romantic, but had felt so bad that I had such a terrible day, and wanted to make me feel better. He certainly did!

So that evening, we drove into the jewelery store, where he picked up my ring and proposed to me over ice cream at my favourite ice cream stand.

Although it was not your typical romantic proposal over a fancy dinner, I wouldn’t have had it any other way.

February 7th, 2011, 11:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
he proposed to me at our kitchen table at my old apt with my friends there. he got down on his knee after telling me to close my eyes b/c he has a present for me. my friend video taped it and put it on facebook, i wish i could find a way get it off facebook to put it on youtube for my family.

February 7th, 2011, 05:03 PM
blondie-lox's Avatar Do NOT feed the Troll
DH proposed to me while I was in bed one Sunday morning in July 09. He let me sleep in and then came in with breakfast in bed on a tray. On the tray open was the ring in the box. He didn't say anything nice or even get down on one knee, just said "Will you marry me?". I don't have an issue with how he proposed but I think most girls dream from the time they're little the man of their dreams getting down on one knee saying some wonderful things about WHY they want to marry us and then pop the question. I didn't get that. I still don't really know why DH loves me, he says he does and acts like he does but it would be nice to know why, kwim?

Huge thanks to *Kiliki* for the FANTABULOUS new siggy!!
February 8th, 2011, 04:17 AM
*Firefly*'s Avatar Girlfriend and Blogger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urchin View Post
It wasn't romantic at all...but it was memorable. Here's the story that was posted on a local wedding website:

Our engagement came on a day that couldn't have gone any worse. As I drove home from work on a stifling day in July, D called to let me know that he had to work late that evening. Almost immediately after I hung up my phone, my car began sputtering and losing power, just as I went under an overpass, with nowhere to pull over. Panicked, I prayed and begged the car to just make it a little further. Thankfully I made it (barely) to a gas station a few feet ahead. I called D, who then had to come to my rescue. What followed was a tedious journey with D driving my car, and me following close behind in his truck. After pulling over and jump starting my car 3 times, we finally made it to the impound/junk lot where we left my car.

On the ride home I was quite upset with the fact that I had just said goodbye to my first vehicle. Suddenly, D came out and admitted that he really hadn’t planned to work late that night, and that he had really planned to go and pick up a special piece of jewelery that had arrived earlier that day. He knew it wasn’t particularly romantic, but had felt so bad that I had such a terrible day, and wanted to make me feel better. He certainly did!

So that evening, we drove into the jewelery store, where he picked up my ring and proposed to me over ice cream at my favourite ice cream stand.

Although it was not your typical romantic proposal over a fancy dinner, I wouldn’t have had it any other way.
I actually think that is so sweet and romantic

DF proposed to me the first time in bed i said yes but I wanted the goods to prove it Second time he took me out for dinner and bought me white roses, he got down on one knee and voila heh x
But I’ll be born without a mask
~ Babel, Mumford & Sons

February 10th, 2011, 09:52 AM
Jessido's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My fiance proposed on New Years Eve at midnight. It was awesome, I sort of suspected it so he played a trick on me where he made up some excuse about wanting to buy me the ring I "really" wanted and he needed a little more time to save money. Total BS! I believed the entire thing and we went to downtown DC for a really fancy dinner, we were both having a GREAT time and when it was like 11:59 he said romantic stuff (which I dont tell because I think some thing should be between us only) and got up from the table and down on one knee and pulled out the ring at midnight exactly!

I was completely surprised and the ring was fabulous and beautiful. Then we went and danced for a few minutes on the dance floor. We were also the last people to leave the restaurant. Haha. He is so awesome, I cannot wait to marry him!

Avery. 4/11
February 10th, 2011, 02:50 PM
ShesaDreamer's Avatar If Only. If Only <3
Well When DH proposed to me it was far from romantic

We knew we wanted to get married. But my dad wasn't happy about our relationship going any farther until I had a ring so I was going to get one of those cheap costume rings because he had to get new tires and a new hot water tank. I told him waht I was going to do but he said no. Later that week he picked me up from school and there was a ring box on the dash of the car and i just looked at it and at a red light he sat it in my lap and my ring was in it and in the top of the box he had written "I love you"

DD A:3 Autism, Global Developmental Delays

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search