I am thinking about ordering this dress

Forum: Wedding Planning

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Wedding Planning LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 1st, 2011, 01:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Through EBAY. Has anyone had any experiance with buying from EBAY? This seller has had 98% positive feedback and her account is an online store. I think I can trust this. But have never bought something from EBAY and esp not from America.

I have had an answer on my email from her. I asked her about shipping costs (I live in the Netherlands) and measurements (because we use cm instead of inch)

April 1st, 2011, 01:29 PM
Kansascity kitty's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That gown is beautiful! looks similar to mine, Angela posted for me. Ebay is most likely your best bet.

Also make sure the seller will accept returns! If not then you are stuck with the dress.

April 1st, 2011, 01:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
They don't, but it will fit fine. Because of the back. It might be a bit to big, but it can be made smaller by a tailor. I am in love with it. It is a Maggie!!
April 1st, 2011, 03:09 PM
norahsmomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love it! Very elegant!

Betsy Mom to Norah Louise born 1/4/2010
April 2nd, 2011, 07:53 AM
Amazona's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love it!! And def better to get a bigger one that you can adjust than a smaller one
Congrats again!!

April 2nd, 2011, 03:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
thank you all so much
April 2nd, 2011, 09:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I love it! I've ordered smaller less expensive items and have never had a problem with ebay.
April 3rd, 2011, 04:25 PM
Mom2M&S's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Gorgeous!

April 5th, 2011, 02:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
thank you all so much!!
April 5th, 2011, 05:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
i have bought a lot with ebay although I usually use paypal and it has protetion with it up to a point. I have only had a problem once and paypal helped get it sorted.

The one thing you will want to figure out is how much customs in your country is going to charge and the seller will not know that. I have bought items off ebay from US and I live in Canada and had to pay huge customs charges once I recieved the item. Although occassionally i have recieved from us and not paid customs fee.

Thanks to Bokkechick for my wonderful Siggy!
April 5th, 2011, 07:41 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
I purchased my wedding gown on ebay from seller december94 (i think). She had 100% feedback and could confirm that the dress was an authentic Casablanca and not a replica (there are a lot of replica sellers on ebay!)

The experience was great. It took 5 months to get the dress (typical for Casablanca, as they are made to order).

I say if you do your research and know how to tell what you're getting, go for it! I never would have been able to afford my dress if I didn't find it on ebay!

April 10th, 2011, 09:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Did you decide to order the dress?

Thanks to Bokkechick for my wonderful Siggy!
April 12th, 2011, 10:59 PM
Mischief Managed's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Mischief Managed
Wow what a beautiful dress! I don't think I have ever seen it before, so pretty!
Anyways, if the seller has a good rating, make sure to check how many business transactions he/she has done. If they have lots of customers, then those ratings are probably accurate.
I would also make sure to ask about the RETURN POLICY. This is very important. If you don't like the dress, you may want to make sure you can turn it back. (Unless you have tried the dress on in person and know what it looks like already)

If you are uncomfortable trying to buy it off ebay, search for it on the pre owned wedding dresses website. I am sure ebay is rather legit though

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search